How am i doing? #2

Answered!
Ivan2229
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

How am i doing? #2

I like to check in from time to time to see how I'm doing. I opened the listing on August 1, 2023, and opened the calendar for 6 months. I'm now 57% booked. Is there anything else you can see that needs additional work in my listing? What would you change, and why?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/806531538746637128

Top Answer
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Ivan2229 ,

I agree with @Sandra4598 , your place looks awesome and your pricing seems so reasonable.

Also @ a 57% booking rate with just starting you are doing very well.

My only suggestion would be to take the last paragraph of your description and place it first with how close you are to the Strip first, and use a landmark i.e., like closer to the flashier south end, example MGM, Mandalay Bay, etc. versus the north end, Sahara, etc. for all those OOT guests who basically go just to the strip. Then there is Old Vegas (downtown) I have been to Vegas twice  and know how long that strip is not including the Downtown Old Las Vegas. 

From what I learned, trust me I am still on a HUGE learning curve as I only started Feb. 2023, is that people who are looking/scrolling for a place, not all chose to go through a lot of reading of the particular listing though first look or care to go to a specific area/location most importantly first.

Then follow directly with the Raiders Allegiant Stadium (I know already you are on the ever so popular south side as I know where that stadium is! I have been there), T-Mobile Stadium, the most popular convention center  or even how far drive you are to the Hoover Dam. With the # allotment of letters, it will take a few tries but leave out the stuff where you can otherwise add to the description of your pictures.

It just my opinion but I learned spending months researching AirBnB, it is like real estate, emphasize LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

My best regards, 

Bettye6

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Sandra4598
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello Ivan, your listing looks perfect. There is absolutely nothing you should do at the moment. Your listing is relatively new with perfect reviews. At 57%, that is great. As you get more positive reviews your listing will start to pick up. Be patient, you are on the right path. All will be well. Best wishes.

@Ivan2229 thank you

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Ivan2229 ,

I agree with @Sandra4598 , your place looks awesome and your pricing seems so reasonable.

Also @ a 57% booking rate with just starting you are doing very well.

My only suggestion would be to take the last paragraph of your description and place it first with how close you are to the Strip first, and use a landmark i.e., like closer to the flashier south end, example MGM, Mandalay Bay, etc. versus the north end, Sahara, etc. for all those OOT guests who basically go just to the strip. Then there is Old Vegas (downtown) I have been to Vegas twice  and know how long that strip is not including the Downtown Old Las Vegas. 

From what I learned, trust me I am still on a HUGE learning curve as I only started Feb. 2023, is that people who are looking/scrolling for a place, not all chose to go through a lot of reading of the particular listing though first look or care to go to a specific area/location most importantly first.

Then follow directly with the Raiders Allegiant Stadium (I know already you are on the ever so popular south side as I know where that stadium is! I have been there), T-Mobile Stadium, the most popular convention center  or even how far drive you are to the Hoover Dam. With the # allotment of letters, it will take a few tries but leave out the stuff where you can otherwise add to the description of your pictures.

It just my opinion but I learned spending months researching AirBnB, it is like real estate, emphasize LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

My best regards, 

Bettye6

@Bettye6 what a great idea, I will look into this

@Ivan2229  Your are welcomed to scout mine, like I said only getting so many letters I re-worked it, had other that had experience re-work it and so far (fingers crossed) it has been working though I am beginning to get nervous as Oct. is slim and Nov. is zero!

https://airbnb.com/h/downtownmchenry-llinois

also push social media and blow your own horn so to speak, FB, Instagram, Linked In etc. Post your place on your own platforms. I just recently did that and not a lot of booking but my phone was blowing up as I was shocked at how many people do not understand AirBnB and now want to spread the word to family, etc.

Join your local Chamber of Commerce. They did not understand AirBnB as well but the weddings, girls or guys nights out, insurance companies and realtors all need that place for their clients.That is a whole other story!

Best of luck!

Bettye

i took your advice,  made the chances 🙂