How do I list my space? Room? Entire space? It's unclear.

Ann42660
Level 2
Seattle, WA

How do I list my space? Room? Entire space? It's unclear.

I have a space that is the first floor/basement of my home.  It's self contained with a separate entrance but does not have a kitchen.  Because I don't have a kitchen I will refresh water and such, if desired.  I've had this listed as a room but I think it's actually an entire space.  It's over 700 sq ft.  

What would you do?  I think my price is too low because it's listed as a room.   

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ann42660 

My ideas for your thoughts

According to the description and reviews it sounds like your listing would actually be categized as an en site not a room.  An en suite is a separate living room area in the Hosts home that isn't quite apartment because you can access the space and the Guests could access your space though they don't.  You have a bedroom a private living room and no kitchen but you don't have pictures or highlight it sounds like the breakfast area is nicely equipped to make coffee store soda and microwave that is a big plus that would probably increase bookings if you showed that portion of space.  

@Ann42660 

i agree with @Marie8425 ...I would classify this as a secondary unit/guest suite. I would also add the sq footage to your description to let guests know it is a good size. Just make it clear there is a private entrance and no kitchen on the listing. I would not enter the space without permission from the guest (which it sounds like you don't 😊). Be sure to list all shared spaces in the Guest Safety Section under Property info (driveway? laundry?) as well as in Other Details to Note. You may need help from Airbnb CS to change the property type from Room to Guest Suite:

Joan2709_0-1723864073220.png