How to block future dates?

Sean1030
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

How to block future dates?

With the updated calendar, I'm now unable to block future dates that are beyond my 3 month window. They are already "blocked" so I'm not able to block them further. Meaning, when the 3 month window opens, the dates I wanted to block will automatically open up. 

I asked super-host support about this, and they said my only option is to use snooze or open up 6 months. Neither of those are good options. Snooze is only 1 time frame. And my family doesn't plan our vacations 6 months in advance so we'll lose dates that we wanted to go to our place. 

I feel like I have to be missing something, I used to be able to block future dates no matter what my booking window was. Has anyone else seen this issue?

61 Replies 61
Richard-Carson0
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Indeed. This change is very poor. I think that Airbnb software developers probably have to justify their salaries by making changes. ANY changes. Airbnb needs to bring back the option to block dates in the future beyond 3 months or 6 months or whatever and also to show the bloomin' notes!

Neil-And-Liz0
Level 2
Insh, United Kingdom

Don't worry, it's fine!

I was also concerned that dates I block outside my availability window will become availability as the rolling window uncovers those dates - but that is not the case! It is OK!

See: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3611

"Nights you manually mark as open or blocked won’t be changed

Once you’ve marked specific nights as open or blocked on your calendar, those settings will stay the same, regardless of your availability window."

I tested this by manually blocking some dates 7 months in advance that are obviously outside my normal 6 month window. The manually blocked dates didn't look any different from others that were outside the 6 month window. I then changed to a 12 month availability window and the dates I manually blocked were still shown as blocked, whilst those dates immediately before and after were now shown as open. Great! So I changed window back to 6 months, confident that my blocked dates will stay blocked.