How to get more guests?

Monica2828
Level 2
Buena Park, CA

How to get more guests?

Hi

I would like to get some advises regarding my AIRBNB, I have been listed the property for over a year and I haven't get to many guests.  

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

9 Replies 9
David11607
Level 1
North Pole, AK

Hi @Monica2828 , 

Our experience was similar. We started actively improving or changing our listing on a daily basis. Add new photos, update the description, offer nightly or last minute discounts etc. Search your area for similar Airbnb units and filter your results by who is booked. Take note of their nightly rate, and be competitive in your market. 

That has been our general recipe for staying busy, even during the slow months. 

Best of luck, 

David

Daniel12058
Level 2
Lexington, KY

Hey @Monica2828 , do you mind sharing a link to your listing? If it's been listed over a year and hasn't picked up any steam, you might try snoozing the listing for a couple days. During those days, make all the tweaks and changes like the previous commentor mentioned. This way when it goes back live, it may get a fresh start of sorts. This is a strategy to help reset your listings position in the algorithm.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Daniel12058 , thank you so much for chiming in for support! While we wait for @Monica2828 to get back to us, I wanted to share a tip that can help you with viewing @Monica2828 's listing. Just click on her profile picture to see her community profile and find an option to view her Airbnb profile and listings. Hope this helps! 🌻

Bhumika_0-1719437063847.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dana1468
Level 2
Moffat, CO

Have your prices always been at $450 a night since you started?

Colleen471
Level 1
Palmyra, PA

Monica,

We provide amenities in our suite to include a wide array of coffees and a keurig as well as to go cups for coffee. We also provide packaged oatmeal and bottles of water for our guests.  Monica it may be helpful to have someone read over your communication and be sure it reads well. I am sensitive to misspellings and myself tend to shy away from a listing that has poor grammar and mistakes; I perceive if a host doesn’t pay attention to proper English they will not pay attention to the detail of their listing. This may not be true, but that is the impression it leaves.

Yes, her writing is pretty bad but the main problem is that she's asking $450 a night for a product that her local competitors are charging around $150 for (and even her competitors aren't filling their calendars at that price point).  I don't think any amount of free to go coffee is going to get the average consumer to fork out twice to three times fair market rate for the product she's selling.  Also, listing it as a two bedroom but asking for an extra $80 to access the second bedroom (per night or one time?)  is sure to turn off potential customers.  Also the listing title needs to be properly spelled out without any abbreviations smashed together.  If you'd like to hire me to get you on track please reach out.

Hi @Monica2828 , I have a property about 15 minutes from yours.  We run at about 85% occupancy.  Here are the major changes you would need to make in order to attract more guests.  
1. Get professional photos done for your listing.  If you need help finding a photographer, go on instagram to find one in the area 

2. Lower your rates by about 50% your prices appear to be too high. Once the demand builds, you can start raising rates.  
3.  Provide more information to describe the property.  Since you also live on the property, explain what part of the home is shared, if any.  If needed, find someone to write out your description.  

Dana1468
Level 2
Moffat, CO

We're rooting for you Monica!

@Monica2828 , I have to agree with everyone suggestions here. Not impressed with cover picture or order of photos. An inflatable alligator in a pool just doesn’t work for me as a cover picture. Get someone to help you redo your photos and the order they are in. Be reasonable in pricing. Personally, stuff animals are a turn off for me, unless the room is completely designed for children. 

I would hire someone who can help you optimize your listing. Don’t worry, you can write off the cost along with all other Airbnb related expenses at tax filing.

Best—