I lost 5star review super host because of the guest who review my listing and all her review are all lies.

Flowy0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

I lost 5star review super host because of the guest who review my listing and all her review are all lies.

Hello my fellow hosts. I just wanted to share my problem or have you tried this kind of problem? So bad that Airbnb support ambassador can’t help me.

Story:

I have a problem with this guest. During her stay, I already reported airbnb via call and message that I was having a problem with this guest. She really just wanted to cancel the reservation she made aç way and telling lies that the building is smell septic tank and wanted a refund. All her complaints were checked by me and my staff personally. However, none of it were true. I also confirmed it to my other guest and neighbors who are currently staying the same building on my other listings. I have also a proof that she’s lying on that day coz I messages my guests at my other listing in that day. The main problem is she really wanted a refund of her stay with 19weeks. I don’t know if her schedule was changed because she check in very late that’s why she wanted to cancel the reservation. She was just finding a reason for refund.

That is why I reported to airbnb that I was having this problem. And airbnb ambassador advice me to change the reservation so that there’s no cancellation record. So I did what her advice and I was also worried that she will give me bad reviews and your airbnb ambassador support told me if she do that we can remove her review. So that’s why I followed her advice. But the problem now she gives me a very bad all lies offensive review. My record becomes worse she’s the only one guest do this to me on my listings ! So I reported this many times but all the ambassador always close my case without resolving this problem and airbnb still on her side even this guest is not telling the truth.

In this case, everybody can intentionally book our place, then leave a bad review. Just to ruin the record in airbnb for them to benefit.

Like, How can airbnb protect us with these kind of guests?

She can say any bad reason or review against me without evidence. I already provided the evidences I have. My other guests during that day were anonymous to me. They provided me the information regarding her complaint.

How can airbnb protect you from these kinds of guests.

This is very unfair to us. If my listing is truly bad as per her review, I will accept it. But it is really not. That’s why I’m asking you to check it personally because we already did check it.

IMG_1921.png

IMG_1921.png

IMG_1922.png

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Flowy0 It is a shame you didn't review this guest and hence warn other hosts about her behaviour.

Yes I didn’t review coz I don’t want to bother her anymore. And I didn’t expect that her attitude are like this because we talk in a nice way.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Flowy0  I'm sorry you had this experience. It would have been good to leave a review of this guest, but the best thing to do is move forward. You can post a reply to her review, but remember that the reply is for the benefit of future guests who are looking to book your property, so keep it unemotional, factual, and professional. 

I must say that the review just posted today- seemingly right before you posted this- doesn't seem genuine. "Oguz" says multiple times how great it smells at your property, and then continues to say it's the perfect place, you're the perfect host, etc. I think that looks almost as bad as the bad review that was left for you. 

Last, your profile pic is intended for guests to see what you look like. It's a security issue for guests and hosts alike, to see who is coming to the property and who is hosting. You might do better with a more professional pic that shows your face. Your bikini doesn't convey a lot of information. 

Flowy0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Thank you for the advice mam Kia ❤️

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I have been on the receiving end of that before so I know how it feels. There was one guest that complained of "Rancid Oil" smell when they entered , whatever that means. 

Anyways, since then we don't do any cooking in that kitchen, and have done various other measures such as operating an air purifier in the living room next by.

Since then, no guest has ever commented on smell anymore. 

I think it's true that if you stay in a place for  too long, you can get acclimated to the smell, but someone entering a place for the first time, especially if they're sensitive, can smell it (compared to the fresh air outside).

I would take the review to heart and try to actually address the issue in your place. But that's just me I guess, I like to solve actual issues. 

Flowy0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Thank you sir. Anyway her first complained is in the unit and I ask my cleaners to check on it if there’s smell but no foul smell and then she told me again the whole building so I ask my neighbor and my other guest to my other listing to the same building they didn’t smell any foul odor. So in order to make sure I go to the condo and I want meet her personally but she doesn’t want to meet me that time. She really wanted a refund. The unit she book is my new listing. To make the story short she really wanted a refund coz she check in late and I think her schedule was changed. I didn’t just expect that she will review me like this. Coz we communicate very well and every time she ask me a request I always accept.

Hi there

I'm a little confused about who is the host here because Airbnb profile says you've joined just last month yet the reviews go back further and that you've been hosting 3 years. Maybe there is a legitimate reason for this or something I don't understand. As I would have thought its impossible to get a super host rating in a month. But anyways....

On face value, sorry to hear you've had a crap guest. You've got lots of great reviews and your rating is sitting over 4.9 so I'm not sure one bad rating on one listing will have your superhost status reviewed when it comes up every quarter. Since you have 2 listings, your super host rating is worked across both listings. So it maybe all ok from a superhost status. When was your last super host assessment (I can't remember if they are all the same for everyone). You might get enough future great reviews to negate it on that listing that is sitting at 4.6 by the time the next assesment period comes around?

There's not much you can do to refute that bad guest review, even if they have lied. You can continue to fight airbnb with your evidence, but the guest is always protected first. Airbnb start from a position of the guest is innocent and has to be proven guilty. That evidence of proven guilty can't be hearsay and smells are the worst to prove. The only way that they can remove a review if there is just cause from a criminal/police intent, or that the guest meant one thing but said another (and you have proof) - I had this happen and could prove it so the bad guest review was eventually removed after some months of fighting airbnb. But I think in your case, Airbnb won't remove it. It's not significantly impacting enough and smells are subjective.

Honestly, my recommendation next time, if someone calls and gives some weird/ridiculous excuse/complaint like that, don't argue, don't justify it, if they want to cancel and refund, just do it and apologise that she didn't find it to her liking. It's not worth the hassle or aggravation. It's most likely she won't bother reviewing hopefully. And to be fair, your property looks like you can get more guest bookings easily so what were you losing out on? Not much I suspect. (You aren't a large property that guests book at least 6 weeks out so when someone cancels last minute, you'll never get a replacement booking because booking a 12 person property doesn't happen overnight!)

Happy hosting ,

Kind Regs

Mary