Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145
Channon0
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Thank you so much Andrew.  This has been bugging me for a few days too but now it is fixed.  Cheers

Kolrick0
Level 1
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY

Logging out of the app and logging back in again fixed it for me too.

I tried logging in and out and it cleared at; now it's back again. Do I have to log in and out every time? Is there a glitch that their engineers need to fix?

Same here. Logging out fixed it briefly, but now it’s back. 

M32
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I am having the same issue, logging in and out has no effect.  Why does Airbnb not have any technical support?  Although this is quite irritating, I shudder to think how lost I would be if I had a major issue I could not resolve!

Thanks Andrew! That little red notification bubble was driving me crazy when I couldn't tell where it was coming from, and now it's gone! aaaaaaaand *zen*.

Thank you!!!

Logging out worked for me! Thank you! 🙂

The guy that responded before me was right. Just log out in the app, then log back in. The "1" has disappeared...yay!! It was so annoying.
Andrew175
Level 1
New York, NY

Same problem - tried all the previous solutions, but looks like it's just an unresolved bug in this version.

Jodie9
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Thank you Andrew! Gone...was bugging the heck out of me
Tj6
Level 1
Denver, CO

Logging out and back in again fixed it for me too!

Yep. Same for me.
Kiah0
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue but try logging out of your account through the app & then log back in through the app. It worked for me!

Thanks Kiah,

your solution worked for me also!