Just discovered I could get your valued feedback on my listing! Thank y’all!

Anna1981
Level 2
Miami, FL

Just discovered I could get your valued feedback on my listing! Thank y’all!

I’d appreciate any feedback!

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/863102928817680464?source_impression_id=p3_1725551658_P3q2K4mwDxQe1cYb Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 11.54.25 AM.png

(Content modified by OCM)

12 Replies 12
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Anna1981 

Check on your Airbnb Insights Your Views that will tell you how many people click on your cover photo, sometimes just switching to another once in a while so no stale. lol  

You want a 5 star on cleanliness.  Since no real comments and minor dings this is usually something like a used sponge.  Still good but  peopled like their own haha

Take some pictures of the driveway since its been talked about

Put caption on your photos I don't know why your showing me a slab of asphalt

Small dings on Self Check in is usually hard to find or not enough lights if arriving late.  Especially since one guest mentioned finding an easier entry to your driveway on his own.  You want to have options in your check in instructions

Review your pricing again because your reviews look like small and large groups, price point is usually different.What some hosts do is rent the same house as a 2 bedroom and as a 3 b edroom linked.  Using a simple bedroom electronic key lock,  When you charge per person people tend to lie about numbers

Buy 2 doggie beds that will encourage stay off the furniture

Thank you so very much for taking your time to review my listing @Marie8425 . I’d definitely take more pictures of the driveway ( we are working on paving it). Pet beds too is a great idea!

@Anna1981 Your driveway is probably not that big a deal  Not having pictures generates Guest's inaccurate imaginations.  Haha  10 foot tall c liff lol with gravel that will destroy my car.  I am that type if your not showing lol

Terrill0
Level 7
Dresden, ME

@Anna1981 I don’t know why you are getting dinged on location it looks like you have a great guidebook. I host a challenging location and dealt with dings by being really proactive with my guidebook. It’s very thorough and I recommend guests pull it up on desktop so they can view it with “map” selected. Leave out local brochures and  follow up with guests asking if they’d like or need recommendations. 

Thank you. It’s an excellent location, I don’t see people complain about it, am I missing something? We do have a shared driveway with another neighbor, maybe that’s why? I appreciate the feedback so much! I will start asking guests if they need recommendations, it’s an excellent point. 

Suzanne973
Level 2
Broomfield, CO

You may want to put The comments about the pets and the police in the rules section rather than in the main description of the property

pictures are great but I agree with the comments about the picture of the driveway 

Stacey515
Level 1
Layton, UT

You have a nice place! I would add captions to all of your photos. I would change up the opening photo to one of the other exterior photos. There were spaces missing before some of the sentences in your description which is not a big deal but I noticed. And I wonder if there’s some way to make the approach to your driveway easier. A couple of guests had some suggestions. 

@Stacey515 Thank you for your feedback! Yes, I do need to add captions, and clarify the pictures. Our new driveway should be ready soon, it just sooo expensive to pave the roads nowadays 😅

@Anna1981  The first thing that grabs me is your main photo.  The aerial/drone shot may imply that it is hard to get to.  I would try a more direct photo of the deck area to invite the guest to a peaceful, relaxing experience.

Also, you can use google's AI service called Gemini to give you different Airbnb titles.  This has actually worked for me.

Go to: gemini.google.com
In the prompt field at the bottom, type in something like:

"Create a new attractive Airbnb title for a Mountain Cabin near the lake “Hilltop Chalet”

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Shaun580  🙏, I will check out the AI tool. I do change cover photo from time to time , depending on the season 😁

T28
Level 2
Columbia, SC

What a wonderful listing, and congratulations on your 5-star reviews! After reviewing the listing, I would start by taking preventive steps to protect your beautiful investment.

1.  You mention tubing and swimming... I would place plastic hampers in each bedroom to encourage guests to put their wet items in the hampers rather than leaving them on the floor. Heaven forbid they place them on your furniture! We all want pretty things in our spaces, but I specifically mention plastic or vinyl hampers because they are easier to clean if things get skunky.

2.  Fishing is also listed as an activity, so you may want to ask guests to clean their fish at the fishing site rather than in or near your home. This can help prevent the kitchen from being soiled with flying scales or splashing blood.

I found a cordless fish scale remover for under $20 that your guests could take with them on their fishing adventure, allowing them to scale their fish near the water instead of inside your home.

Also, make sure to provide a well-sealed container for guests to dispose of fish guts to keep creatures at bay.

3.  In the kids' room, I would place a table and chairs for them to color or write. If they have a designated space, it may help prevent accidents with markers, crayons, etc.

Other than protecting your investment I think your listing is perfect!!!

@T28 Excellent pointers! Thank you so much for taking your time to review my listing. Your insight is great, I haven’t thought about the fishing consequences 😅. And I do need some kind of a desk , just in case people want to do some work from home, why not putting it in kids room?  Laundry hampers also nice detail I overlooked. Thank you again, very grateful ☺️