Linking Rooms - Bad Air BnB Algorithms?

Sabine637
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Linking Rooms - Bad Air BnB Algorithms?

I am wondering if others have this experience with Air BnB. We have three rooms in our house that we rent out. Currently, we list two rooms in different configurations so that guests can decide. Someone can rent one room if it is just a couple or two rooms if there are four people. We decided to list the third room (currently unlisted). We then created three configurations. One room, two rooms or three-room options. We linked them all. All looked good until January and we started seeing double bookings. Before we could react, we had five double bookings. By the way, we have only one calendar. Customer service helped us and cleaned up the double bookings but we lost our status and they fined us something like $800. They then told me that their system does not work for three-tier listings. I appealed but as usual, it went on deaf ears. The response was "we have too many cancellations" They gave me a link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings - But this was useless when it comes to three-tier listings. 

I am not a programmer but I do work for a software company. I spoke to our programmers and learned that with a single calendar it is very easy to prevent double bookings but Air BnB refuses to fix the problem. So now it appears I am paying the price of being fined and losing my status simply because of bad programmers? How do I get above the "appeals department" with my issue? 

1 Reply 1
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Sabine637 

We have the same issue. 3 rooms and 4 listings:  for complete space (3 rooms), 2 rooms, and 2 listings for single rooms.

And I've also discovered that Airbnb links their calendar one way, not the other. And yes, it shouldn't be too hard, but not apparently a priority. 

We ended up un-listing one of the rooms so that we now have lesser chances for double booking (though its still technically there with one room).