Listing Not Showing Up In Search - HELP!

Answered!
Jade425
Level 2
Kingston, NY

Listing Not Showing Up In Search - HELP!

I recently was put through hell over a bogus safety investigation at my house that lead to a full week of my account being suspended. I spent hours and hours trying to get someone at airbnb to support me and resolve the issue - as there was no safety problem at my house and the guest who was staying at the house even called airbnb to tell them that. We both begged them to close the case.

I was told only 1 person could help me and I could not have her contact information. She would reach out to my over messaging. When she finally did over 24 hours later she told me she worked from 9PM -6AM Thursday - Monday (and she wrote to me on a Monday right before she left for her break). When I asked her what time zone she never answered. 

Alas, after a full week when they finally turned my listing back on I have found that we no longer show up in searches of the area. I am a superhost with impeccable track record. 5 stars and 67 glowing reviews - not a single negative comment. Theres never been an issue at my house. We use to show up on the first page of results. Now we do not show up at all. Not even when I scrolled through 15+ pages of results. I have contacted support and they told me that its fully restored with no restrictions and for me to log out and back in. Obviously that is not the issue, since I am searching as a potential guest to see if we show up and we do not. I really need help here! Has anyone experienced this? Any advise? Airbnb support team can you help me??

I am losing my mind. I've lost a full week of potential bookings and now, even though my listing page is back up, no one can find us! I cant lose another day!

1 Best Answer

Hi @Jade425 

I just checked and your listing seems to be showing up just fine...number 1 spot actually? I searched using 14 guests and 3night stay. I also searched 9 guests, 3 night stay. Your listing appeared in the number one spot both times?

Valatie 1.jpgValatie 2.jpg

There are alot of variables/filters for guest searches of course. It looks like the default price per night on a standard search is $650. So if a guest doesn't change the higher end price, of course your listing won't appear in search results. Also, looks like the guest has to enter 9 guests before your listing will appear.  

Hope that helps.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jade425 I can't help other than to say your listing is not suspended but I cannot find it when searching for a week at anytime. Have you

1) Checked your minimum/maximum stay to make sure it hasn't changed to some stupid number of days

2) Under insights see if there are any issues with your listing

I have no other ideas other than getting back n the phone to Airbnb!

Thank you for helping and looking to see if it shows up. Its so frustrating! I have looked at all of my settings and nothing is different. Airbnb claims to be "looking into it" but its been a week with my listing not available to potential bookings. Devastating. 

Its hard to accept the complete lack of control we as hosts have over what happens on this platform, when so many of us put so much into building a business here.  

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Jade425 Jade have you checked to see if you are turning up on the gps map? If not call back to Airbnb . This could be the issue.. H

Hi @Jade425 

I just checked and your listing seems to be showing up just fine...number 1 spot actually? I searched using 14 guests and 3night stay. I also searched 9 guests, 3 night stay. Your listing appeared in the number one spot both times?

Valatie 1.jpgValatie 2.jpg

There are alot of variables/filters for guest searches of course. It looks like the default price per night on a standard search is $650. So if a guest doesn't change the higher end price, of course your listing won't appear in search results. Also, looks like the guest has to enter 9 guests before your listing will appear.  

Hope that helps.

That is great news! Looks like airbnb must have fixed something on their end. Appreciate your help!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

We are glad to see that this issue has been resolved, @Jade425 😊.

A big thank you to @Joan2709 for her help and support in our Community.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

very cool of Joan to help out. how frustrating the Support fails so often. 

After 9 years as a super host I've come to understand that it's not the support staff that's the problem, it's the policies and rules and pressures from above that make them so astoundingly inefficient. 

I wouldn't be suprised if they're not even direct employees of AirBnB but employees of a subcontractor that contracts out support departments. 

Every notice how they close cases within 24 hours whether they're resolved or not?  Obviously there's a rule or obligation to close cases within 24 hours. 

That sounds like a statistics manipulation to me. Either the senior execs at support are manipulating their stats or a subcontractor is.  They order all their front facing staff to close cases in 24 hours so the top level execs can point to an impressive statistic of % of cases closed within 24 hours. 

And who is the victim of this?  

We hosts are. They just don't give a ** and I wish I knew how to get their attention. 

If it's a subcontractor doing it, then the C-suite and shareholders are the victims too, because they're being scammed. 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]