Listing Support - Search Issue

Answered!
Angela3203
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Listing Support - Search Issue

Hi everyone. I'm a new host and appear to have a problem with my listing. I've asked friends to do a few different searches and come up in some and not others, whether that be location specific, region, date specific and also categories

I've tried speaking to the help center but they do not appear to be able to help with the varying issues explained 

Any advise would be extremely appreciated...especially if you know anyone based in the UK I may be able to speak with directly to

Many thanks in advance 

Angela 

1 Best Answer

Hello @Angela3203 

You have a truly gorgeous listing Angela and the photos are really good too so don't despair quite yet!  I did a search (12th to 14th May) and put in Carmarthenshire rather than a town and you came out N°1 on page 1 so good news there🤗

As a newbie your listing will benefit from a little nudge from Airbnb but this will not last very long.  How does your price compare to this other listing you mention?  I saw that other listings were at the same price as you but had more beds.  

You are offering a luxury stay so quite understand that you do not want to be priced too low either but as a newbie, I know that my pricing was lower than it is now as it's important to get those first few positive comments.  There are a lot of superhosts around you so competition is tough.

Have you had a look at your views in your statistics?  Is your listing attracting attention - pretty sure it will be! I have added your listing to my wish list so you have at least one for the wish list stats😉

Send your friends the link to your listing and ask them to like your listing - it all helps.

There are a lot of posts on the CC of people saying that their reservations are down compared to last year and then there is the economic climate which is definitely not helping so it's not easy I grant you but have faith in your listing and you've done a great job. Your description is welcoming and informative so it's just a question of waiting for that famous Airbnb ring to set your heart alight before the panic sets in😄

Enjoy your evening

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Angela3203 

My first thought would be to have a look at your location details because as it stands now, your listing shows the county first, then the fact that you're in Wales and then United Kingdom.  I would put the town first.  I went onto your listing to see if I could find the actual town where your listing is based and then made a search with Cmwdu because in fact the listing is not under the main heading.  Having found the town, this is the choice that Airbnb offer you and you  have several choices in fact:

Capture d’écran 2023-03-21 à 12.59.00.png

So I would try adding the town and see if you have better results in the search results.

All the best

Joëlle

@Angela3203 

Edit button not working sorry.  This sentence is confusing:

I went onto your listing to see if I could find the actual town where your listing is based and then made a search with Cmwdu because in fact the listing is not under the main heading.

should read:

"I went onto your listing to see if I could find the actual town where your listing is based and then made a search with Cmwdu because in fact the name of the town is not under the main heading.

Hope this makes a bit more sense😉

Angela3203
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your kind reply Joelle...it so appreciated as pulling hair out...LOL 

Thinking our village is fairly unknown I thought I'd list as Carmarthenshire as opposed to Cwmdu, Llandeilo which I did do originally so I'm really confused. A host down the road is doing extremely well with her listing/s since opening Dec 22 and so I have tried to follow suit. She's listed one lodge as 'Places to stay in Carmarthenshire' and  the other as 'Hut in Carmarthenshire'. I choose to list under cabin but alas no joy 

I did have to ask the support team to make that change as they said once live only they can make the changes to the location? Not sure if that's correct? 

Various friends have searched in various way as mentioned, I appeared with Carmarthenshire on one and not Cabin in other,  appeared in South Wales in another but even date specific I did and didn't pop up even though the dates entered were not dates that are booked they know I only have 2 bookings (only 2, 1 x  Airbnb 1 x Direct) 

Kind regards

Angela 

Hello @Angela3203 

You have a truly gorgeous listing Angela and the photos are really good too so don't despair quite yet!  I did a search (12th to 14th May) and put in Carmarthenshire rather than a town and you came out N°1 on page 1 so good news there🤗

As a newbie your listing will benefit from a little nudge from Airbnb but this will not last very long.  How does your price compare to this other listing you mention?  I saw that other listings were at the same price as you but had more beds.  

You are offering a luxury stay so quite understand that you do not want to be priced too low either but as a newbie, I know that my pricing was lower than it is now as it's important to get those first few positive comments.  There are a lot of superhosts around you so competition is tough.

Have you had a look at your views in your statistics?  Is your listing attracting attention - pretty sure it will be! I have added your listing to my wish list so you have at least one for the wish list stats😉

Send your friends the link to your listing and ask them to like your listing - it all helps.

There are a lot of posts on the CC of people saying that their reservations are down compared to last year and then there is the economic climate which is definitely not helping so it's not easy I grant you but have faith in your listing and you've done a great job. Your description is welcoming and informative so it's just a question of waiting for that famous Airbnb ring to set your heart alight before the panic sets in😄

Enjoy your evening

Joëlle