Listing description

Answered!
Ingrid992
Level 1
New York, NY

Listing description

I'm a new host and need help. Why is my listing description limited to 500 characters?  I see so many other listings with so much more description....

Top Answer
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Ingrid992 

Airbnb organizes the listing description into four different categories, which together make up the overall description that potential guests see. These categories are among others:

1. Listing Description: A brief overview of the key features and highlights of your property.

2. Your Property: A more detailed description of the interior, layout, and specific amenities.

3. Guest Access: Information about what parts of the property guests can use and how they can access them.

4. Other Details to Note: Additional information guests might find helpful, such as local attractions, transportation details, or house rules.

By filling in these sections, you create a comprehensive description. If you're finding a 500-character limit in one field, I think it's because each category has its own character limit to keep descriptions concise and focused.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your writing 🙂

Karen

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ingrid992 

There are many pages with different limits

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Ingrid992 

Airbnb organizes the listing description into four different categories, which together make up the overall description that potential guests see. These categories are among others:

1. Listing Description: A brief overview of the key features and highlights of your property.

2. Your Property: A more detailed description of the interior, layout, and specific amenities.

3. Guest Access: Information about what parts of the property guests can use and how they can access them.

4. Other Details to Note: Additional information guests might find helpful, such as local attractions, transportation details, or house rules.

By filling in these sections, you create a comprehensive description. If you're finding a 500-character limit in one field, I think it's because each category has its own character limit to keep descriptions concise and focused.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your writing 🙂

Karen

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ingrid992,

Our experienced Host @Karen4131  has shared a great explanation on how the listing description works. Here is an article where you can find more information: Writing an effective listing description.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad