Listing error

Answered!
Liam2424
Level 2
New York, NY

Listing error

We have been hosting our house on Airbnb for the past year, quickly becoming super hosts and having an average score of 4.9*.

About a month ago we stopped receiving bookings, and our views dropped way down below last year at the same time. Last year we had 1500 views in April, despite that being the first month we started hosting. This year, we've had 50 views so far this month, and no bookings. 

I reached out to CX who told me various things, one member of staff saying there was an unspecified issue. The next person I spoke to refuted the idea that there was an error, and told us to update our photos and listings to make it more attractive. 

Many hours and calls later I managed to find someone else who told me that there had been an issue with the listing, and that when 'whole home' was checked the listing didn't show up.

This has allegedly been fixed now, but we're not seeing anywhere near the same number of views as last year, despite being superhosts and having great ratings, nice photos, good location and so on. I've read online that other hosts have had similar issues, and even more tricky to spot bugs such as not actually being able to book, once you go to the checkout. 

We are now out of pocket anywhere between $1500 (one weekend) and possibly up to $10k or more of summer bookings. Aside from anything else, this will affect our ability to retain the super host status we worked really hard to attain. 

I would very much appreciate any help or insight anyone can give us as to why this happened, when, and what Airbnb can do to help us in this situation. I have checked other listings in the area at a similar price point and have seen them booked up way into June and July, so I know there is demand. 

On top of everything else, I've just this moment opened the site on my desktop to see a notice saying that I'm not fully verified, which is nonsense, as I've been a verified host for over 1 year. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue, and how did you get help?
1 Best Answer
Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Liam2424 

Yes! There have been glitches in the search  algorithm since last October. I have had two CS representatives knowledgeable of that fact. 

I am no longer having issues, but my listing disappeared from searches (after always coming up first) at least 3 different times. I was relentless each time in getting a CS rep who had more than a memorized standard response. No matter how many texts or calls, I persisted until I was finally able to get help and my listing appeared again. Super frustrating…but there are definitely issues and the right person can help.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Liam2424 

Yes! There have been glitches in the search  algorithm since last October. I have had two CS representatives knowledgeable of that fact. 

I am no longer having issues, but my listing disappeared from searches (after always coming up first) at least 3 different times. I was relentless each time in getting a CS rep who had more than a memorized standard response. No matter how many texts or calls, I persisted until I was finally able to get help and my listing appeared again. Super frustrating…but there are definitely issues and the right person can help.