Listing suspension issues,

Listing suspension issues,

Hello,

I'm new to Air bnb and published my very first listing in the beginning of June-24.

Quickly after i started i was able to get a few reservations on my place and all was fine, but then suddenly i noticed a notification on the app saying that my listing is about to be suspended, this was mid June and i had not even had my first guest yet. After several phone calls, emails and about 13 tickets and a few appeals later i have been informed that my listing is suspended as a Relisted Listing due to matching with another listing with warnings and complaints.

I have made several attempts to connect the "specialized team" who seem to handle to explain exactly what has happen and how this could be solved, but all i get is that my appeals are denied and that no more support can be provided at this time.

Has my listing been mixed up or copied or is the matching listing just a place very similar to mine, and therefore the algorithm or whatever it is has identified this as mine?

I really must say that i am so disappointed with Air bnb. An organisation of this scale should be able to produce better customer support than this, it's not fair.  I'v had only 3 guest, all has given me top rating and no problems whatsoever, it should be easy to clarify this so i can proceed.  

i have already missed the prime season due the early suspension so all that expected income is unfortunately gone.

But i however like to continue with AIR BNB, but i been informed that setting up a new listing probably will end up with yet another suspension so i am basically stuck.

I have tried to work out the logic in this but i'm getting nowhere and the idea of air bnb support ever helping me out seems unlikely.

If anyone has a similar experience or could help me out in anyway that would be so helpful!!!

Thakns,

Best,

Viktor   

4 Replies 4
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Viktor440 

What an awful situation to be in but it has unfortunately become quite common lately with the arrival of AI that picks up on listings that have been on the platform before but have been duplicated to get around bad reviews by some unscrupulous hosts for example. 

This is not your case obviously but do you know if your place was used as an Airbnb before you bought it?  Some new hosts have discovered that their place is still being used as an Airbnb by the old host or that they just haven't deleted it from the platform so AI sees two identical properties and suspends both the old and the new one.  

If you have a ticket open maybe our community managers can tag someone their end to try and shed some light? @Bhumika @Paula 

Joëlle

Hi joelle43

many thanks for reaching out regarding this matter.

I’m pretty sure the place has been on air bnb before. I just texted the previous owner to verify. If @Bhumika @Paula in anyway could help me out it would be much appreciated.

thanks again for engaging!!

ill keep you posted

best

viktor

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Was the place you are listing previously listed by another host and had poor reviews  ? @Viktor440 

As @Joelle43 says if so this may be why Airbnb has suspended your listing as their AI system has flagged as being a duplicate listing set up to avoid bad reviews 

have you tried listing on other STR platforms while you try and resolve ? 

Hi Helen3,

Thanks for getting in touch, i agree with you and  @Joelle43. This is surely a possibility. I hope i can clarify this with the previous owner shortly.

i have tried some local sites, but those can not provide any international guests unfortunately.

Many thakns!!