Messages not visible.

Fiona274
Level 2
Dundee, GB

Messages not visible.

I can see the first few words of unopened messages in my Inbox received from guests who have cancelled. However, these messages are not displaying when I look at the correspondence between us. I wonder if this is something Airbnb have orchestrated.

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Fiona274 , ABB recently did a change to how they display messages.

it's a very challenging change they have made & it hasn't made it easy to read msgs or know when  they have been sent.

Needs tweaking, do you agree?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Oh there are all sorts of unexplained and mysterious "glitches" plaguing the Airbnb platform at the moment @Fiona274  - unreadable messages, vanishing message threads between Airbnb support and hosts/guests, screenshots sent from guests to hosts of what the guests are seeing on their side being way too blurry to make out, entire reservation histories disappearing from host accounts as if they'd never existed, hosts being told their guests are getting a full refund but the guests receiving much less (if anything), guests who are entitled to full refunds under the COVID/EC policy being told they don't qualify, hosts finding their strict cancellation policies had inexplicably changed to flexible, guests receiving a fraction of the amounts due to them, hosts discovering erroneous negative balances on payout records etc etc. I could go on and on

Airbnb would do well to clean up their act and fix their "glitches" pretty sharpish - there's only so much "rank ncompetence" and "technical malfunctions" one company can get away with, before it begins to look suspiciously like fraud and deception, and starts drawing unwanted attention from outside authorities. 

And we won't even get started on the whole convoluted, labarynthine COVID/EC refund/voucher sh*t-show..

Thank you for this. I am very much in agreement with your sentiments.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Susan17 and others, 

COVID - Computer Originated Viral Infectious Disease, started from geeks own computers....