Minimum Night Settings bug

Marc849
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Minimum Night Settings bug

Say you have a booking that leaves 2 nights between itself and a previous booking and you have default settings of 3 nights.  You go into the AirBnB App on your Android device or on you iPad or on your Desktop computer.  You go to changing the minimum night settings by selecting the dates and putt 2 and saving your request but the request is not actioned or saved and those nights still stay greyed out. 

In the past this was very straight forward issue that could be corrected. I've even had the opposite occur a with a 3 night booking in a gap of 5 days which I set to 5 days but that didn't save.  When I explain this to AirBnB they no longer seem to have the power to help me and tell me to cancel it my end, but I'll be penalised for that even though it's not my fault.

I've only noticed this problem in the last 2-weeks.  I'm hearing this might be something to do with Switching to professional settings.  Perhaps, if you've already got a blanket minimum nights settings you can no longer over rule this by selecting a specific date and clicking edit even though the tools and functionality is still there to imply that you can.  This is not to be confused with seasonal settings either.  It's all very odd though as before it was very straight forward and now it is not and I still can't resolve it.

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Marc849! Hope you are doing well!

I was looking for the thread where Hosts had a similar discussion and was wondering if that discussion may be useful for you. Sharing the link: Click here.

I am also sharing a useful guide created by our wonderful Host @Joan2709 that elaborately talks about Calendars. It would be a good idea to refer to it once and see if you find the solution related to your concern there. [GUIDE] Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length - 2023 Summer Release 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Marc849 

This issue is not Pro Tools, but a problem created after the Summer 2023 release. Host found they were not able to override previous custom settings. The solution is actually to turn ON Pro Tools and use a Rule Set to override the min stay you're having issues with. As @Bhumika mentions, lots of Hosts had this problem and using a Rule Set is the only way to resolve it for now.  Reposted the Community Guide with screen shots below:

How to Use Pro Tools and Rule Sets to Create Custom Min Stay 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Miguel1423
Level 4
Michigan, United States

I actually just had this same issue.  I had changed the minimum to 1 night for an exception stay, and it would not change back to the 2 night minimum. Even after trying all the solutions posted in the forum, nothing worked. 

I just received a notice from support there is an additional setting that needs to be adjusted.   There is a minimum stay by check-in day that apparently defaults when you change the main setting.   

Steps to reset this are below.  This does work!!   And you don't have to resort to setting specific time periods.  

Steps: 

Using your computer:

1. Open your listing 
2. Select Calendar
3. Find Availability in the right hand sidebar 
4. Click the number for Minimum nights 
5. Click Customize by check-in day 
6. You will see the minimum nights set up per night is 1 from Sunday to Monday (your number may vary)
7. Click the number for each day and remove 
8. Click Save 

After all the steps, kindly double-check your listing, and test to try rebooking your place and should be the correct nights minimum.

Miguel1423_0-1698339248438.png                               Miguel1423_1-1698339266782.png