My room listing is not showing up for room searches.

Connie159
Level 1
Midhurst, Canada

My room listing is not showing up for room searches.

I have listed my space as a room but it only comes up for general searches not when searching a room.

I don't have a lock on the door. Is this the reason?

The room is for a long term rental. Is this the reason?

The photos are a little crappy and I need to replace some. Is this the reason?

Thank you for your help.

Connie

2 Replies 2
Vincenzo89
Level 2
Mazara del Vallo, Italy

Hello there!

You can find more information about this topic here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3400

In particular:

"For your space to show up when a guest searches for Rooms, it needs to be categorized as a Room in your listing, plus it needs to meet these criteria: 

• The space listed is a bedroom, with a door, that is intended to be exclusively used by the guest during their stay
  • The guest shares access to at least one of these common spaces: bathroom, kitchen, or living room
  • The listing’s Host must be a person using their own name—no business names, nicknames, or other names are permitted—because guests are sharing your home, so it’s important that they know who their host is
  • Private rooms in multi-unit buildings, condos, townhomes, and apartments may be considered private rooms if they satisfy the requirements

"

I checked your listing, and I see it's shown as a 'Place to stay' currently, even though it seems to meet all of the requirements.

In this case, I believe you should contact Airbnb about this to have your listing reviewed.

As you can read in the same article attached above:

"If you make updates to your listing to meet the requirements, you can contact us to review your listing to determine if it can be displayed as a Room to prospective guests. "

Here's how you can contact them:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1542

I hope they will review it soon, and your listing will be shown as a proper room!

Vincenzo

Elena4354
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Connie159, how long ago did you publish your listing? 

After publishing your listing, it may take up to 72 hours to appear correctly in search results. 

If that time has passed, I can recommend you, as @Vincenzo89 said, to contact Airbnb support for the assistance.

Kind regards.

Elena.