NEW HOST

Khadija67
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

NEW HOST

Hello 

So I have just finished my booking and put it up, it has gone live.  I am so anxious!  Do you have any tips or suggestions on how get a booking?  Here is the preview link, please take a look, if you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated https://airbnb.com/h/yasmeenstudio

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Khadija67 The listing looks lovely. Is your market Kenyans or foreign visitors? If the latter I wonder if you should discuss security. I only ask because we were mugged in Mombassa many years ago by two chaps carrying a machete and a baseball bat. Of course it may be that it is safer now - This was 25 years ago.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Twenty five years is a long time. I've been mugged at knife point in London. I don't suggest to London hosts that they put a security warning up about their location @Mike-And-Jane0 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

That must have been a terrifying experience for you, @Mike-And-Jane0 .  However, I do see that @Khadija67 includes information about security in her listing description.  Foreigners travelling to the area should be properly informed about any country they are going.  I have booked a lovely home in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a highly sought after tourist destination, and the host acknowledged some general safety issues and steps to take to mitigate.  My listing is in a tourist area of Southern California, USA, generally safe, but I do encourage guests to lock their parked cars.  Safety is the concern for all of us, right?

@Khadija67   I do have a couple of suggestions for your new listing, if you don't mind.  Look at your pictures and eliminate duplicates of bed and toilet and anything else.  Add pictures that give a more general sense of the space as many of your pictures are detail level but I found it difficult to imagine the space as a whole.  Add external pictures, including security elements, that reflect the general neighborhood and include pictures of any great spots within walking distance such as a restaraunt or specialty store.  As time goes on you will realize who your market really is, that is, locals or travelers, couples or individuals.  Be willing the adjust.  Avoid using the Air BNB Instant Booking option until you have learned more about how you select the right type of guest for your listing.  Take care and good luck!!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Good luck with your venture @Khadija67 

I would suggest you include more information  and photos about your location.

How easy is it to reach by public transport? what are your nearby attractions? can you walk to restaurants/shops? What sort of visitor is your listing most suitable for?

This will help guests identify whether your place might be suitable for them.