Need Advice on Setting Up a Room as ABB Listing

Need Advice on Setting Up a Room as ABB Listing

Hi my name is Denise and I live in Wales. We live next to a canal and a river in the Brecon Beacons. In the summer I wild water swim in the river and I kayak on the canal, when I am not doing either of those things I walk in the beautiful beacons. I have a downstairs room which  has its own entrance along with with an large en-suite. This area is known for its beautiful mountains and rivers and each year we have many walkers and cyclist travelling along the TAF trail where my home is situated.  I am thinking  of using this room as an air b&b but I know nothing about this and really would value some advice. 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1551 if the room can be accessed from your house as well as from the outside then you can earn £7500 tax free under the government rent a room scheme. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Denise1551 ,

Welcome to the Community Center! It is great to see that you are doing some initial research and seeking advice from experienced Hosts.

I have changed the title of your post to make it more relevant to your query. It might help our Community members to notice your query better.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It sounds like a lovely location I love that part of Wales @Denise1551 

Start here https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/how-to-become-a-host-on-airbnb-490

Read the FAQs on the Airbnb Help website

Read up on the new STR regulations for Wales on the Welsh government website.

Do a search on Airbnb for your sort of listing in your location to see how others hosts are pricing their listing and what amenities they offer.

Then you can set up your listing.