No pets

Answered!
Conner24
Level 1
Austin, TX

No pets

Why is there still an option in guests price breakdown to add 1 pet when I have it turned off in house rules? Also when searching for a home with a pet added, my listing is still coming up as an option. Is there somewhere else I need to mark no pets?

Top Answer

Hi @Conner24 

I just checked your listing and Guests cannot add a Pet to a reservation under Reserve for your listing?

I found out quite by accident that if you previously had a Pet Fee, or accidentally put something in the Pet Fee section of the Calendar, Airbnb assumes you allow Pets. Also be sure you have not only unchecked Pets Allowed in House Rules, be sure the number of Pets is -0-. This should then prevent anyone from adding Pets to a reservation:

Change to "X" meaning not allowed & edit number to "0"

Joan2709_0-1707950939665.png

Go to Calendar/Pricing/Fees/Pet Fee & Be Sure Its Zero

Joan2709_1-1707951040977.png

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Conner24  I don't know of anything that you can do to keep your property from having the pet option available for a guest to click other than stating up front in your description that pets are not accepted.  You will still have those guests who claim to have a service animal or ESA.  AirBnB uses an algorithm that "includes" all properties, pet free or not.  The filters are seemingly useless due to their inclusivity.

Thank you that helps. I do have it in writing also so hopefully that helps a bit.

Hi @Conner24 

I just checked your listing and Guests cannot add a Pet to a reservation under Reserve for your listing?

I found out quite by accident that if you previously had a Pet Fee, or accidentally put something in the Pet Fee section of the Calendar, Airbnb assumes you allow Pets. Also be sure you have not only unchecked Pets Allowed in House Rules, be sure the number of Pets is -0-. This should then prevent anyone from adding Pets to a reservation:

Change to "X" meaning not allowed & edit number to "0"

Joan2709_0-1707950939665.png

Go to Calendar/Pricing/Fees/Pet Fee & Be Sure Its Zero

Joan2709_1-1707951040977.png

Hi Joan,

Yea I figured that might be the case, but under house rules the lowest I can set # of pets is 1. I am unable to put down to 0.  

Screenshot 2024-02-15 101642.png

Hi @Conner24 

You need to click the "X" to indicate you don't want to allow pets. The X will change to a dark background.