Not receiving messages

Answered!
Merriel0
Level 2
Nassau, Bahamas

Not receiving messages

Hi, Community.

I have not received any messages on Airbnb in a few days and I just received an email from a prospective guest saying they tried sending me messages but they are getting a message saying that my email has expired. They also said they are having problems trying to book my listing.

Can anyone help me please as I am potentially losing clients.

~Merriel
1 Best Answer

Support told me the problem has been solved, @Nina66.  If you are continuing to experience a problem, please contact Airbnb (Twitter worked well for me!) and let them know.  You'll be doing us all a favor.  If they don't know, they can't fix the problem.

Since we all depend upon communication, it would be useful to all of us to be aware that there is an issue.  Otherwise, we have no idea why were aren't getting the responses we are expecting.

Working together, change can occur.

Jude

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

This week I received two different messages TWO DAYS after a guest sent them, and a third one 24 hours after a guest sent them.  My responses back to them have also been delayed, and thus cost me a booking because the guest thought I had not responded.

Not sure what's going on but at least one other person has reported experiencing a similar problem in recent weeks.  I have messaged Airbnb about this situation through Twitter, and am waiting a response.

Jude

Thanks so much for your response, Jude! I guess there's nothing else we can do but wait for Airbnb to fix the bugs!

~Merriel

We depend upon communication, @Merriel0, so I definitely understand the frustration.  The worst thing, is that I now have doubts about whether or not my messages are getting across.

If I hear anything from support I will post it on this thread.

Jude

Me too! I'm losing bookings because I can't respond to inquiries or ask questions regarding bookig requests. 

It is quite frustrating, Lindsay. But apparently, thanks to Jude in NY, I realized that there is a glitch in the Matrix and we have to wait for Airbnb to fix the bug(s).

Jude and Lindsay...In the meantime, in terms of messages, I have both email and text notifications for my messages. I notice they come thru even if the message doesn't come through on Airbnb. So check your email/phone regularly. And if you don't have email or text notification, get it!!! The text notifications only let you know that you have a message, but you can respond to the email notications (by clicking reply to the email itself and choosing NOT to go to the Airbnb app if you're on your smartphone). It doesn't help with the booking problem, but at least the potential guest(s) won't think you're completely ignoring them.

Actually, @Merriel0, whatever the delay has been, it has impacted all forms of communication for me - text, email, app, and website.  Those messages have just taken their time traveling across cyberspace!  Snail mail would have been faster.........  🙂

Jude

That's true @Jude7.....I just got an email a few minutes ago and I only had like minutes to respond....and I can only hope my response went thru! And the funny thing is, Airbnb has caught on so drastically in my vicinity lately the competition is RIDICULOUS! So losing clients is really killing me right now!!!!

I was in Nassau in December, @Merriel0!  Next time I'll have to stay with you! 🙂

Jude

Most definitely, @Jude7. I would love to meet a higher level host to get suggestions on what I can do to improve my space. So far I've only had another newbie like me stay here but he gave me some good feedback as well.

I saw a post from @Deb29 but it disappeared before I had a chance to read it or respond to it. Can someone tell me where it went? Or is it another glitch in The Matrix?

I am not getting messages either. No text, email or messages in the app. My sister tested it for me by contacting host, but nothing is coming through.

2 years later and this is still an issue. I haven't been receiving messages from hosts with door code, check out instructions, ect. 

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

Merriel

We have had various messages delayed days as well. I have been working with Airbnb regarding a different bugthst I identified and was told the following about this one from the Airbnb programmer I'm working with:

"Our email delivery service delayed lots of replies over the weekend for hours if not days. The issue is fixed now, we are working with them to make sure this won't happen again"

From that message, i take it the issue was limited to email (which is consistent with our experience) and hopefully stabilized by now.

Please let me know if issues persist.

Thank you for your response @Deb29! I will monitor and let you know if the problem persists. I really hope it's fixed though (fingers and toes crossed!!!).

~Merriel