[Poll] Which device do you use to manage your listing?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

[Poll] Which device do you use to manage your listing?

515034_GettyImages-769720227-foryou.jpg

As a Host, it's important to have the right tools to manage your listing. Whether you're responding to messages, creating a listing, or updating your calendar, having the right device is key to making sure things are done efficiently.

Do you find it easier to respond to messages on a mobile device? Or do you prefer using a desktop computer to create your listing and manage your calendar?

We're curious to know what device you use to manage your Airbnb listing? Do you prefer to use a mobile, tablet, or desktop; or is there anything else that tops your list?

We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic! Please share your insights in the comments below!

Thanks,
Bhumika
Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

21 Replies 21
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Bhumika   ALWAYS on the desktop.  While the desktop is not always intuitive, and I may have to click around for the right section or page, I can always respond to my current and future guests while I am on the desktop.

I have tried the App on my iphone and ipad.  It simply does not work for me.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lorna170 ,

It's great to hear that you feel somewhat at ease managing your Airbnb listing on a desktop.

It can be frustrating to have trouble navigating through any platform be it through an App or a website. But it's good to know that you can effectively communicate with guests and keep tabs on all kinds of guests on the desktop. It makes sense.

-----

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bhumika Laptop for everything except responding to messages when we are out. The app calendar is next to useless I am afraid.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 ,

Using a laptop is a great way to stay organized and keep your listing updated! (the factor of portability definitely plays a good role here).

Are there any features in particular that don't work well when it comes to App Calendar or that you would like to see improved?

-----

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Bhumika 

We have everything needed to run a business, Most of our work is done on the Desktop but we do have a laptop I don't really trust App's and I do leave my phone on all the time when we have guest, We only have one property on Airbnb at this moment my other properties we do LTR so we never hear from them.

I forget we also have a Samsung tablet, 

Some guest do some pretty stupid things like go out and forget the key card not so bad during the day but when late at night, it's not funny, 1-00 am was the latest good job for her my phone was on,

Then another guest a couple of years ago called me at 2-00 am his scooter and broken down he was about 12km away from my apartment, why are you calling me, it's not my scooter call the rental company, it turns out he had run out of gasoline, And no I didnt go out to rescue them, get a taxi,

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Desktop. We use the phone only to tell anyone with a question or inquiry that we will be answering whatever they wrote in detail when we get home and be on our desktop.

It is then that we also put all details about every reservation in the calendar (we use Airbnb's) to never have to cross-reference and have all pertinent information in one place. 

Meant Laptop, used as a desktop really since hardly leaves the home.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Fred13 That seems like an efficient system for handling reservations and questions. Agreed that It is simpler to access and refer to information when it is collected effectively in place.

-----

The calendar covers when they are coming, though in our case we need also know:

1. how many are coming and composition (adults/kids)

2. when to pick up at airport or what hotel

3. cook or no cook (coordinate with our cook)

4. fishing or no fishing (coordinate with our guide)

5. equipment they will need (snorkeling equipment, fishing rods, etc)

6. special note (going on a tour, is it their birthday or anniversary (wife bakes a cake or welcoming pie or bread putting, special needs like a child pen, etc.

7. Pick up time (based on their flight out or going to another place.

So helpful to have all this in one place and at a glance.

Merle48
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

I use my mobile when I'm on-the-go which is most of the time but I do find it easier to use my laptop particularly when I'm updating my calendars or listings.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Merle48 That makes sense! Having a laptop for tasks that require detailing (listing or managing the calendar) can be really helpful, as it allows greater visibility and easy accessibility (due to the larger screen).

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Bhumika @Fred13 @Merle48 @Sudsrung0 @Mike-And-Jane0 

How would you all manage your Listing and answering messages during a State of Emergency due to Cyclone Gabrielle , an earthquake in Wellington,  which is hot on the heels of Auckland Anniversary landslides and deaths in Auckland, which the People of New Zealand are currently experiencing?

We are on Generators for Electricity, people have lost all phone and other contact and are far too reliant on Mobile Devices and Laptops that are through the Internet.

What is Airbnb doing to help us in New Zealand?

@Brian0 @Catherine-Powell 

@Helen427 sadly in times of emergency the only thing that will work is a satellite phone. Given the cost of these I am sure guests and hosts will understand that they will not always get answers quickly from people affected by earthquakes, fires or cyclones.

FYI

Cyclone Gabrielle AND Earthquake in New Zealand

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Optimise-your-listing/Cyclone-Gabrielle-AND-Earthquake-in-New-Ze...

and of course the Earthquake in Turkey are good things to reflect on with this topic @Bhumika has created.