Pricing for Multiple Stays

Answered!
Jamie-Myles0
Level 1
Alberta, Canada

Pricing for Multiple Stays

Hello, 

I have a couple who is looking to stay Sunday night through Thursday weekly for the month of July and August. (34 nights). I am brand new and do not know how to price myself where I am not giving away the farm but also it is fair for the multiple nights.  

Any Advice would be great!

Thank you

Jamie Myles

1 Best Answer

@Jamie-Myles0 switch on pro tools in your account and then play with rulesets in your listing calendar. It will give you a lot of pricing flexibility. We don't use smart pricing because you can't set min/max pricing that varies by season. As such we would underprice in Summer and over price in Winter.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jamie-Myles0 for me it depends on what you would earn without such a guest. Also what min stay do you have? If you are left with Friday and Saturday nights do you think you can fill these easily? If it is high season and it would book anyway then don't offer too much discount.

Being Summer in Canada it would be high season. I have Thursday night through Sunday morning to still rent.  But I would be cleaning every week for the summer. I have no idea if it would book anyway because I have only been renting it for 1 month.  My minimum is $116 but with smart pricing it averages $243 for the summer days.  

@Jamie-Myles0 I suspect its a judgment only you can make. Be careful with smart pricing. Our experience when we tried it was that it was high for dates a long way out and then went to the minimum when the dates approach unbooked.

Perhaps look at it a different way - What income would you be happy with?

I ended up quoting them $5500 for 4 days a week for 8 weeks.  They took it...  Being my first summer I am hoping it will help with kinks that I don't even know about yet. 

I figured I would try smart pricing for a few months just to understand how I should be doing this.  Also, I see once you override dates in the system you can never go back to smart pricing so do you have a flat rate for all dates and then go into the calendar and adjust every long weekend and week there is a special event, high season etc.?

Thank you for your help

@Jamie-Myles0 switch on pro tools in your account and then play with rulesets in your listing calendar. It will give you a lot of pricing flexibility. We don't use smart pricing because you can't set min/max pricing that varies by season. As such we would underprice in Summer and over price in Winter.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Jamie-Myles0 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Do they leave Thursday mornings?
In that case, you have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights to rent. That could be a nice long weekend to rent.
I give discount when guests stay more than a month. That saves much work because I don't provide free interim cleaning. That's a paid service.
In this case, you don’t save on that because you have to clean for the next guests and also after the next guests when the "4-day renters" arrive.
I am also giving a discount because I don't have "holes" in my calendar when people book a whole month.
But that's not the case either when they only stay four nights.

I would offer a symbolic 5% discount, but not more. But only if they ask.