Pricing

Hazel181
Level 1
Alva, United Kingdom

Pricing

Our listing is £165 per night but when I search for it the price is between £193 and £204 per night depending on the dates. I have contacted Airbnb for the past two days and I’m getting nowhere. Meanwhile we aren’t having any bookings as Boone is clicking on it because it’s too expensive. When you do click on it you get the correct price. Can anyone help please 

4 Replies 4
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Do you charge a cleaning fee?

Who will pay the service fee: host or guest?

No we don’t charge any extra fees. Guest pays service charge

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hazel181 It is the 14.2% Airbnb service fee+VAT on the service fee that is increasing the price. There does seem to be a fault though as Airbnb should show the nightly fee as higher than 165 because, with the service fee, it is.

Just search for your property and you will see how the pricing works out.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello Hazel,

Are you certain you haven't "smart pricing" switched on?  To check this follow the instructions on this link:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1168?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1672649696_N2QyNGVmNmQyM2Q5

You indicate on the header/description of your listing that the price is £165 which is not a usual practice since this part is usually reserved to describe in the best possible light what you're advertising.  The fact that your nightly price is different to the one you advertise is one thing (this may be due to smart pricing being activated )and this is not necessary as Airbnb show the nightly price of a property with ALL fees included (the commission they charge the guest and any additional fees that a host may charge i.e. cleaning fees, extra person etc) so that the guests know exactly what the actual fee will be per night with no hidden extras when they click on your listing.

Check your calendar to see what the prices per night per month are showing and what price you have set your base rate at.

All the best

Joëlle