Selling my Airbnb property

Selling my Airbnb property

Hi,

I have recently sold my holiday home to someone who has purchased as a going concern and will honour all future bookings through Airbnb, direct and through other booking agencies.

My question is, how can I best transfer my Airbnb account to the new owner? Can I change all my details to theirs? Can they create new account and listing and somehow transfer the reviews and bookings?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm sure I can't be the first person to sold a property with bookings in place.

Pete 

45 Replies 45
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Pete77 Its not easy because the new host has no stars . All guests should be finished before you sell and the new host must have a new profile,. If you still have guests and are selling the house fully set up as an Airbnb, then all guests must be informed and offered the option to cancel 'free of charge ' and rebook. Its difficult to do this for a few reasons , one being that you may be a superhost and the incoming host most likely is not.You can offer to help the new host start a new listing and leave some basic profile pictures the same. This can help maintain your 'brand ' which is the only reason a new host would want to carry on in your place.good Luck ... H