Setting rates for a certain month or season

Answered!
Martina1116
Level 2
Castle Rock, CO

Setting rates for a certain month or season

How do you set rates for a particular season or month? Right now my rates are the same for every month, is that normal? for example, I want to be able to adjust my rates according to an event, or season within a month, does that make sense? Appreciate your guidance!

Top Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Martina1116 

I use Pricelabs to set my pricing as it knows the market when it comes to setting pricing for your listing.  I just started using it about 9 months ago and have been hosting for over 10 years.  I wish I had started using it earlier as I am sure I have left a lot of money on the table. 

Happy hosting!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Martina1116 

I use Pricelabs to set my pricing as it knows the market when it comes to setting pricing for your listing.  I just started using it about 9 months ago and have been hosting for over 10 years.  I wish I had started using it earlier as I am sure I have left a lot of money on the table. 

Happy hosting!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0, thanks again for your response on this post lol you are most resourceful! I’m going to look up price labs and we’ll take it from there! Thank you!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Martina1116,

It seems like you've gotten some great pricing advice from fellow hosts! Was there a specific tip that resonated with you the most?

If one of the suggestions has been especially helpful, you can mark it as the Top Answer ☑️. This makes it easier for others with similar questions to find the best advice and gives a little recognition to the hosts who shared their insights 😊. Just click the button below the comment, as shown in the image.

Quincy_0-1729679632667.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Kamil269
Level 2
Greenwood Lake, NY

Research trending Airbnbs in the area similar to your listing compare your property +/-  pros and cons and set a similar price. 

Joe771
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Hi @Martina1116,

We use Pricelabs and also monitor other similar STR's close to our properties. While Pricelabs is a great app and we use it, it does require attention so you stay competitive in the market with your pricing. We did not use it in the first few years of hosting and left a lot of money on the table. We use it now. You can also Wheelhouse, Beyond, and Outswitch. I would say most people use Pricelabs or Wheelhouse. 

I hope this was helpful.

Thank you so much for your advice!  Very helpful!