Should Airbnb Implement a Standardized Rating System for Property Cleanliness?

Should Airbnb Implement a Standardized Rating System for Property Cleanliness?

In light of recent discussions about guest experiences and property standards, I’m wondering if Airbnb should consider implementing a standardized rating system specifically for cleanliness. While reviews are crucial, they can sometimes be subjective and inconsistent.

Could a standardized cleanliness rating provide a clearer benchmark for both hosts and guests? This could help set clearer expectations and improve overall satisfaction by ensuring that properties meet a minimum cleanliness standard before being listed. What are your thoughts on how such a system could be designed and enforced to benefit both parties?

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You don't have a listing attached to your profile so I can't see what issues you have encountered with your cleanliness ratings. 

I can't see what sort of standardised rating system you feel would help . @Adam2228 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Adam2228, thank you for posting in our community.

We’d love to hear more about your hosting experiences that led you to share this suggestion. I’m also providing the official Airbnb feedback form where you can submit your idea directly to Airbnb.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

thanks

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Adam2228 I think most guests can ascertain if a listing is clean or not and can comment accordingly. any enforcement of a standardised system would be prohibitively expensive I think.