Single nights?

Patrick3452
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Single nights?

I'm new on airbnb. I would like to set a minimum stay of 3 nights, as I live far from the property and cannot accommodate frequent single-night bookings. Can I increase the price for the first night to discourage 1/2 night stays?

3 Replies 3
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Patrick3452 

You don't have to try to control it via the price, you can add a 3-night minimum. Go to calendar, then availability. The 1st option under trip length is minimum stay.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'll definitely give it a try. However, I'm currently struggling to get any bookings at all, and I'm not sure what's going wrong. I’ve double-checked my pricing, and it seems quite reasonable compared to similar listings in the area. But it hasn't made a difference in terms of securing reservations.

Could it be that I'm missing something, or is this just a low season for bookings? I’m wondering if there are other factors affecting the demand right now, like changes in travel trends, local events, or competition from new hosts.

It’s a bit frustrating, especially since I’ve put a lot of effort into making my listing appealing and ensuring the space is comfortable for guests. If you have any insights on how to attract more interest or suggestions on what else I can adjust, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again for your help.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I do appreciate how frustrating this is .

The bit you may have missed is market research around supply and demand for your type of listing in your location to help you understand how many bookings you are likely to get many markets are oversaturated @Patrick3452 

it would be worth joining your local airbnb host group on Facebook to understand how other local hosts in your area and looking on Airdna