Split fee Vs Simplified Pricing

Split fee Vs Simplified Pricing

Hey everyone,

I'm currently using a PMS and my service fee had been changed to Simplified pricing. After a full year I can see that the service fee deducted by Airbnb is a huge amount. 

Im considering removing the PMS and reverting to Split-fee but had some question I hope other hosts can help me on.

What I can do now, is still keep my PMS but mark up my rates by 15%, but since im in a very competitive market, that wouldnt be ideal.

If I do go for split fee, im not sure if its like what it used to be. Now from what I can tell the nightly rates guests see under the small icon of your property (on the main Airbnb page) shows the nightly rate inclusive of all charges (so the total cost divided by the number of nights). If that is the case, is there any point of switching to split-fee?

Do other hosts like yourselves see this too, or am I mistaken?

What do you use and prefer? 

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Yasar12,

Yes, Simplified Pricing has been around for quite some time now and it is something that you have to use when you are software-connected either through API or a channel manager like Wheelhouse.  You could remove Wheelhouse and then you should be able to switch back to split fee pricing.  You can read more about Simplified Pricing here: https://www.airbnb.com/e/commissione-semplificata-guida

Yes, you could certainly use your PMS to raise your rates to help counteract this increase in fees from having split fee pricing compared to Simplified Pricing and many experts do this but at the end of the day, I believe most guests look at the quality of the listing and the total price they are going to pay.  

I hope this helps!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Yasar12 

One or 2 hosts here have recently reported issues with switching back. You can check account, settings, payments & payouts. See whether it gives you the option to switch back. If I understand correctly, they had trouble finding the option even after disconnecting the software.