Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Tips for hosting

Kadian2
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Tips for hosting

looking for help in how to generate more bookings and how I can improve on my listing. 

Listing: View on AirbnbHome in Hamilton · ★New · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 1 bathroom

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 11.39.48 AM.png

[Listing link and image added by OCM]

10 Replies 10
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kadian2I hope everything is going well.

I just came across your post and have added the listing link to make it easier for our Hosts to provide feedback. I've also added an image to catch their attention, I hope this is okay with you.

I am reaching out to some of our Hosts, including @Alex1485 @Bettye6 @Eileen462 @John7474 and @Calvin173to see if they would like to share their opinions on your listing.

Additionally, I'm sharing a thread where you can find excellent >>hosting tips<< previously shared by our experienced Hosts. And here some additional ideas on >>how to increase bookings<<.

I hope you find this useful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Awesome. I will check the links you have provided. Thx so much 

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

@Kadian2  Hello Kadian  I think your listing is beautiful!.. just the way it is.  I recently had some business cards made with my name and listing guiding people to it. Im going to set the cards in different areas of my community.  Im hoping it might help with bookings.

I love this idea. Funny the idea I previously came to my mind and I disregard it. But now that you mention it am doing to give it a second look..  Good luck with the cards and I hope it helps improve your booking. Thanks so much for your suggestion and advice.

@Kadian2  I wish you the best!  keep in touch!  Eileen

Will do and you do the same. 

Tara0
Level 10
Oxford, United Kingdom

The decor is quite 'strong', therefore won't cater to a majority of tastes in decor. I'd suggest blander decor. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I will see what I can do to tone it down. And that’s my thing I love vibrant colours and I really had to limit in as much as I can. 

Hello!

What strikes me right away is your meticulous attention to design and detail!s, great job!  

A couple of simple and easy to ideas execute:

-add description for each photo…

~are there free stock photos you can use of the historic location with the canons? 

~retake the interior photos during the time of day when the apartment is the brightest..turn on every interior light, and then use the brightening feature to make the photos lighter…photos of the hotel rooms always are very  bright, shot in the daylight; making them feel more  inviting. 

~ the outside deck is amazing; few more photos of this,  is there a  grill  available to guests to use?

~..the deck looks like a different place; outside and inside are styled very differently…outside looks like a shot of realtor..??

~maybe a photo of bathroom with toilet seat down, close up of the vanity without the dryer in it…

~ add a detail shot or two….

on a personal note regarding your profile….  The internet is filled with trolls, please very seriously consider generalizing your personal information.

~ add some detail shots

Hi Alex

For the free stock idea I would have to look into that. That’s a great idea.

great idea I will go back and provide descriptions on each pictures for each location. 

the upper deck was taken by a realtor when I had purchase the property a few months ago. Yes the upper deck comes with a 4 pc Bristo table set and it’s own bbq. As I only became a host in December and it’s winter I didn’t get a chance to post much outdoor pictures especially of the deck. That’s why I only used that one from the realtor. 

yes I’m definitely going to retake some of the photos once the season changes and the sun is out more as it’s a bite full at the moment and not enough sunlight.

thanks so much I truly appreciate you taken the time to go through my listing and providing your feedback.  And I will definitely begin implementing some of your suggestions. 

the information you provided was very helpful and insightful.