Trouble saving a listing update

Lore3023
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Trouble saving a listing update

I'm on the page that allows you to edit your listing title and description. I've made some updates to the text but the Save button does not light up - so I can't click it. There is a message on the page that reads "Please fill out all listing details to save your updates". Every field has content so what am I missing?

16 Replies 16
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lore3023 

Try cutting some words from your description. It may be over the invisible character count.

Also look in each text box to see if you have a link that has been flagged in red.

One of these should make the save button light up

Lore3023
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

You were right about the text being longer than an invisible character count. Thanks!

I had the same issue. Airbnb needs to take note and tell hosts what the word limits are. This was so frustrating. Thank you for the help!!!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie Is there anyway of asking someone to add  a character count to the description? Its catching a lot of people out.

Ta

Miia0
Level 2
Greece

Same here. The save button is not active plus my description is repeated all over the listing. I contacted airbnb several times and their suggestion were to clear cookies, do it on desktop and other stuff of which none worked. It is really frustrating and strange that they cant get the platform to work properly. This is one of the most important things to attend since guests decide based on photos and description! 

Airbnb let the Weekly Host emails be for a while and concentrate on making the platform work. No point in sending them if people cant make the necessary edits.

@Lizzie 

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

Yes, reduce the number of characters in your listing description , and the save button will reappear.  It took me along time to figure this out on my own.  CS was no help, never explained what to do.  They said it was a technical problem.

Miia0
Level 2
Greece

@Denice0 I did reduce them but still nothing. They told me too that it was a technical problem which they are trying to fix and will or will not inform when it is working! And what about the fact that the description is the same all over the page? Didn't get a solution to that either. 

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

@Miia0 , I found that reducing the character number in the listing description was the solution.  The save button lit up once I had reduced to the required number of characters.  My listing also had this notice at the top of the page, as others have noted: "Please fill out all listing details to save your updates!".

I contacted CS about a month ago, so they have known about this issue for some time.

Beth44
Level 10
Flagstaff, AZ

Wow...finally some light on this irritating issue. I have tried to update my listing description (which Airbnb has encouraged us to do to address current traveller issues, i.e. cleanliness/entry,etc). I find the word count issue confusing as my "edited" description is very similar to original count. IF this is the issue it would be (LIZZIE) helpful to have word counts displayed. Back to "Groundhog Day" exercise!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lizzie  Can you please tell the tech team that they need to address this? It's truly absurd that when hosts go to edit their listings, it simply won't save without any explanation of why. There needs to be a pop-up or a message saying what the acceptable word count is or that that is the problem. Leaving hosts in the dark and confused and frustrated is quite disrespectful.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Sarah977@Miia0 and @Mike-And-Jane0 for mentioning me here and to you all for identifying what's causing this. @Lore3023@Beth44@Denice0@Tom-And-Karen1.

I'll report this back to the product team. Just so that I can add a little more detail, are you finding that this is acting in the same way on multiple browsers and devices (ie. not showing a word count or flagging that you can't save it without reducing the number of words?)

Thanks again, 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I only use Safari browser but when you edit the listing description if you go over the word count (that is not displayed) it stops you saving the updates. As soon as you cut down the text the save button lights up

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Marianne81
Level 3
Boulder, CO

now it is not even letting me post about the problem!  I get a "this is not working" response!!! UGH!