VRBO Calendar Sync Blocking Issues

Elena2895
Level 1
Gibsons, Canada

VRBO Calendar Sync Blocking Issues

I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and if they have figured out a fix.

I currently have my Airbnb and VRBO calendars synced. My issue is that when I get a booking on VRBO it tells Airbnb to Block the dates rather than saying it's a VRBO booking. Then VRBO looks at the Airbnb Calendar and sees the blocked dates and tells me I have a conflict on VRBO. So basically VRBO is creating its own conflict. 

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

18 Replies 18
Livia103
Level 2
Marceline, MO

@Elena2895 - I recently started having the same issue with conflicting dates.  Thanks for posting the question, hopefully both platforms will get their act together and get this resolved, rather than requiring the hosts to solve the problem on their own.

Ryan2634
Level 1
Austin, TX

Still encountering this issue and neither company wants to hold accountability. From my understanding it's ok to just leave the conflicts on my VRBO calendar correct? There's no penalization to me from VRBO in terms of my payout?

Hi @Ryan2634 

Yes...doesn't look like there will be a resolution to the calendar conflicts. There is no "penalty" that I am aware of regarding the red calendar conflicts you see on Vrbo. That said, recently the Airbnb calendar sync stopped working and resulted in a double booking (a true "calendar conflict"). 

It's best to keep an eye on any calendars synced with Airbnb and monitor your bookings. It can take several hours for an Airbnb booking to appear on Vrbo. Sometimes refreshing your Airbnb calendar helps, but there is still a delay. Some Hosts put a temporary block on the calendar until syncing occurs to prevent double bookings. Once the booking on Airbnb syncs to the Vrbo calendar, you will see the red conflict. Just remove the manual block you placed and it should appear normal.

Kristen705
Level 1
Hermosa Beach, CA

SOLUTION FINALLY!

Ok lets just start off by saying VRBO is always the issue with everything. Airbnb is such a better platform and my issues are always from VRBO. 

For the solution- I did this from a desktop computer and it might work on app. Delete the sync on both calendars. Go to VRBO calendar. Go to availability and you have to open "more availability settings." I just started playing around with the restrictions on check out (I forget which its gone now that I don't have the problem) but I think it was the number of nights or maybe check in days. then it let me delete the block "synced" from airbnb. Once your VRBO calendar is clear you can sync both back.