Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

Top Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Top Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Sue173
Level 1
Virginia Beach, VA

I am having the very same frustrating issue- I've uploaded my id, done a video, my cc info, tried to connect via facebook, and google and am told unable to verify, not enough activity on the account.  I'm really sad that this is happening.  I thought this was a great idea, great site, but it is of no use to anyone if you cannot actually utilize it to rent a place. 

Pabasara0
Level 2
Sri Lanka

Hi,

For the verfication process I completed two steps : (1) uploaded an image of my passport and (2) logged via Facebook account.

Then it said 1 more step left and the trip I booked is pending. The meantime, Airbnb sent an email saying "your reservation request has not been sent yet". So, I clicked the link in the email "verify me" it redirects to a page saying "we need to do a virtual ID check". I clicked again the button "verify me" in that redirected page. Then it says "email verification complete and the hosts are able to reach you at .... ". That page had a "continue" button and it also showed "1 more step"

Then I clicked on the "continue" button in the page. But it doesn't do anything. Just redirects back to the same page over and over everytime I click continue. So frustating !!!! 

Really appreciate any help to finish the verification process.

Cierra0
Level 1
Irvington, NJ

Can not seem to complete my booking due to facebook ID verification 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Cierra0 and the worse part in this type of situation is that some property calendar is blocked in the meanwhile..

Larry38
Level 1
Highland Park, IL

having similar frustrating issues, despite having booked through airbnb many times in the past.

trying to book great spot in rome, and i keep getting asked to upload a verification video which i've now recorded twice.

i will never be on facebook, linkedin or have a google email, so i guess me, my potential hosts, and airbnb lose out.

and, the most frustrating part? there's no human being at airbnb to contact and get help from.

Chris344
Level 1
Huntsville, TX

I have already completed the verification process and was successfully verified. The host wants verification with an offline ID, but I am unable to upload a picture using the app now. Is there anything to resolve this issue?

Janine46
Level 1
Castlemaine, Australia

Have booked in the past and received very positive comments from hosts. Have just wasted hours trying to complete this process without success. Was so looking forward to using airbnb again after positive experiences in the past but they have just lost me as a customer. If I was a host I would feel very angry because you are losing bookings. 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Janine46 what about a profile pic ? Ever heard about it ?

Kateřina2
Level 2
Brno, Czech Republic

Hello,

I have the very same issue.

Now, I have a pending trip reservation which is pending because of verification of my ID. (i uploaded photos of my driving licence via mobile app yesterday), the reservation will be cancelle in 1 hour!

When I check my verification in the airbnb application, it says I am successfully verified.

When I click it through this email it either doesnt show anything and is stuck, or shows me a verify me button (when I click it, it says is shouldn't take more than a minute or two but actually keeps loading forever and never finishes).

Please let me me know asap what is the issue.

I have used my debit card to pay for the trip  and it makes me nervous that ot ia still not accepted because ofsome silly verify me button.

please let me know how to solve this!
THank you.

@Lizzie

could you please help wiht verification issue?

Thank you.

Matthew131
Level 2
Saalstadt, Germany

Getting never ending message "We're finishing things up...." again and again. 

I've completed the Facebook link, email, drivers license, new face photo, phone number, etc. I did all the ones that I could find...don't have a Google ID or Linked in or Amex.

wasting hours on Airbnb with nothing to show but a locked Chase Visa... no response from requests for help from Airbnb or the person I'm trying to rent from.... what's wrong with these people? What a mess! Any advice would be appreciated!

Vanja5
Level 1
Novi Sad, Serbia

Please help! I have problem with ID verification! It says: The ID type you submitted isn't supported. Could you try again with a another ID? I don't have another ID. Is there maybe problem because I payed with my husbands credit card?

I would appreciate if someone could help me asap.
Thank you!

Les7
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

I have now verified myself multiple times and Airbnb keep saying I have not verified myself. I am trying to book a property and now the host thinks I am a crap guest. I have now phoned airbnb and the lady said I had done everything I had to and she could not explain why I have still not been verified. She said everything except "...the computer says no!....". Airbnb keeps charging my AMEX then refunding (well they better be) evrytime I rebook. It is absolutely farcical! 

So many people have told me how good Airbnb is, but tghis experience has been so bad I am looking for a formal avenue to complain, but the site thinks its so good there is nowhere to give feedback good or bad!!!

It is definetly not the Uber of accommdation which people have tried to tell me it is!!!

I think it is a ruse to get interest on our money while it sits in the bank account of Airbnb. Just think how much they will get with all these failed verifications that have been charged...... 5 days to refund a visa card. They charged me even though the verification never went through..... I am furious, cowboy outfit.

Tim132
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I have uploaded my drivers license and it showed as being accepted for verificatin but it does not show in my profile. I cannot make a booking and I cannot upload it again. What a lousy system. As a senior project manager for many websites ai conclude this is a major disaster in waiting.