Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Andrew308
Level 1
Mont Albert, Australia

I am having the same frustrations with completing my ID verification.  I try to link to my Facebook page but am told that there is not enough activity on my account for verification.  As instructed on the site, I have now completed a video for verification purposes but it seems I am now just stuck as there doesn't seem to be any way to determine what happens next and how long it will be until my verification is complete. I now have bookings that are on hold and this is annoying the hosts.

This is a terrbile process. I've tried on various browsers and computer, it cannot even submit a piece of ID. 

On another note, why woudl I want to put give my ID to Jumio, a foreign company which will sell my ID if they find it profitable, and based in a country that has just repealled privacy laws. 

David968
Level 1
Hamburg, Germany

Same thing for me here. This verification process is such a frustration. My Facebook does not have enough info to verify me. I don't have the other accounts. I prepared a video, but I can't upload it. My reservation is running out of time. Please Airbnb team help me and help us, this can't be happening. 

Kris-and-Aga0
Level 1
Addlestone, United Kingdom

Exactly same problem. Facebook does not have enough info, I sent a video and nothing happened. So annoing! 

Torrey0
Level 1
Vermont, United States

I am having the same frustration.  The little internet wheel on the computer whirls for ages.  On the phone, it says I am verified and then that I am not.  But I can't move to the next step and I can't even try to start the process again, to see if it would work better the next time.  Has anybody figured out how to fix it?  Will it resolve itself? Urgh!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Torrey0@Kris-and-Aga0@David968@Matteo115@Andrew308@Dmytro2@Sam167@Eva198 and anyone else in this thread who is still struggling with this,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the verification process, I understand this must be frustrating particularly if you are currently trying to book accommodation.

If you have tried with your Gov't Id and it doesn't work or you are told there is not enough information on your Email and Facebook, you should be asked to provide a short video to prove who you are. Once you upload the video I believe there is no confirmation that comes up to say it has submitted, so if you think it worked, assume it did!

I know some of you are still having problems with the video/verification process in general - in this case you should contact Airbnb and they can help you get it sorted. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them, including phone numbers. You can also contact them via Facebook.

I hope you can all get verified soon!

Kirstie

@Kirstie

I had a guest last week trying to book - he did upload a video, still did not get his verification.  He tried twice to book with me, both 12 hour "pending verification" windows ran out and in the end he gave up and booked with a competing site.  He was even a long term member and had made bookings previously with no issues.  There is clearly something not running like clockwork here and it backfires on host, guest and airbnb.

Dmytro2
Level 2
Ukraine

follow up... bnb staff talks nice but they are Helpless ! they call, write you one arter another, say they are sorry, apologize for inconvinience - but do not help!!! three of them sent me a very detailed instruction on verification process - the same as on site  - why??   think i am so damb and cant read?? good path .. processing, keep pretending you are working

they implemented the system they cant handle

thats apart from the question why they need access to our contacts on gmail and fb ....  i am off, just pissed

I'm new to airbnb and planning my trip to Japan next month. I have added ID, called customer support twice and I'm still unable to book anything. Help please!

Jiřina0
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Hello, 
I am experiencing the very same problem as many people here. I uploaded my ID, tried to match with facebook, then unclicked a few options Airbnb would have access to and "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification." Now, with my ID penidng somewhere in the cyberspace, I can't verify and the option to go via faceebook has also disappeared, I can verify only with lindkein or Google+ which I don't use. 
What now? Can anybody help me, please?  @Lizzie ?

Rebecca199
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have uploaded my id about 7 or 8 times & each time it says it's ok, then I gat a verification failure message. I've booked airbnb before with no problems. Desperate for help? @Lizzie23

thanks

Svetoslava0
Level 1
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I am not able to verify my email address because the site is not sending me the verification email. This is getting immensely frustrating!

Cha2
Level 1
Calamba, Philippines

I booked and then uploaded a valid id for airbnb to verify my account and complete my request. But suddenly after uploading it and seen the message that it was already verified and my reservation request was delivered. I again checked my trips on my airbnb app but wasnt able to see my reservation request status. There is no request displayed under my trips section. I became frustrated so i checked my Debit account balance and suprisingly airbnb already deducted the pay in my account. so after that i assumed that my reservation was already accepted and complete. But as per checking it with my host, my host told me that my request was still not accepted. it frustates me even more because the pay was deducted but my request was not accepted and the host does not have any option to do a refund for me because in her end my request was still not yet completed. 

I tried to log in in airbnb site (browser), i checked on the trips section and there ive seen the request that i made but the status was still peding because the verification that i made in airbnb app does not sync with airbnb site. so i tried to verify my account via airbnb site (browser) but it seems that there is a problem in the verification process in the site. it keeps on loading and this never stops. I cant complete my transaction there. So i decided to cancel my first booking believing that i can get a refund since the request was still displayed as pending in the airbnb site. 

after i cancelled the first one, the dates become available again. so i tried to book again, the same process was made same experience occur. i was deducted again and the trip was still pending and still looking for verification even if it is done in app

Lester1
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

I am having the same issue. I have uploaded my ID for verification a couple of hours ago but I am still not yet verified. I try to file a support ticket but it circles back to the verification issue. When I try to provide my ID again via the link https://www.airbnb.com/verify it just redirects to https://www.airbnb.com

Alex417
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

I've been trying to book a place for the last 2 hours with no luck. I keep getting a varification error message when ever I try to verify my card.