Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Calista0
Level 1
Rotherfield Peppard, United Kingdom

Yes big problems. Phoned BNB - cut off. No calls returned.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Calista0

Try Twitter.

James397
Level 1
Grand Rapids, MI

I've been trying to verify via email.  They send an email but there is not link to "click" to verify.  I've done this half a dozen times.  I'm trying to book in New York and prices keep going higher and I'm afraid I will lose out on the housing we've chosen!

HELP!!!!!

Anna639
Level 1
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom

I can not complete the verifcation process even though I have now linked my facebook account, uploaded my driving licence and recorded the video.  Please help as I am trying to complete a booking for accommodation.  I am concerned as I have in-putted payment details.Please advise!!!

Gael9
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I have been trying to confirm a booking since yesterday.  I have tried at least a dozen times using my computer to take photos of passport and/or drivers licence, as well as the selfie.  Every time I get back that its not possible to verify my ID.  I have installed the AirBnB app, but for the life of me, I can not work out how to take the photo of the ID or my selfie using it - there is no "button" to take the photo with (or at least I can't find it).   I am now frustrated to the point of questioning if I ever want to use Airbnb again!!!  Yet that's not fair on the Host.  Please... help!!!  

Valérie-Gathot0
Level 2
Landen, Belgium

Hello Air bnb,

I've uploaded two video's to verify that I am who I say I am (which I can assure you I am...). There is no sign that this is working (my ID has been verified but I cannot find anything about the videos). Can you please see that this is in order? Hounestly, I find it a bit strange nothing needs to be verified in order to give the authorisation to access my money via PayPal, but when it comes down to actually booking a place, everything gets a bit more complicated... As I am not willing to give Air BnB access to all my gmail contacts (I value my and my friends' privacy), I would greatly appreciate that the video that I uploaded to match the picture of my ID card were to be accepted. 

As an aside, in this day and age of ID-card readers etc., would it not be possible to foresee a more efficient way of identity verification? It is a frustrating procedure and can surely be done differently.

Thank you for your quick reply,

Valérie

Shafqat0
Level 1
Edgware, United Kingdom

I've got the exact same issue! I've uploaded my passport and linkedin account multiple times now!

I'm flying tomorrow and need this sorted asap!

Shafqat

Mark433
Level 1
Swansea, United Kingdom

i have just had the same issue. i have just joined air bnb after finding a nice quiet place to stay over this weekend. unable to verify either my passport or driving license..also facebook and linkedIn will also be an issue as I stopped using social media a few years ago. i only hope my debit card payment does not go through as now i have no option but to cancel and close air bnb account. 

Steven170
Level 1
Kellyville, OK

I also have been frustrated by the verification process.  I sent in my driver's licese (both sides) and then was asked to provide either a Facebook, Gmail or Linkedin connection.  I don't use Facebook or Linedin.  I have Gmail but denied access to my contact list (why is that needed???) so the only option was to make a video.  I did that.  But it did not appear to upload.  There is no "upload video" option.  Only Delete video, make a new video, and download video.  So I'm stuck.  Maybe I'm the only person left in the world that is not on Facebook so I guess nobody else has this problem.  Guess I won't be using AirBnB.

I am trying to verify my account. I have done the government ID section and tried to do via Facebook. It said there was not enough activity on Facebook to verify. I don't have LinkedIn or gmail so I am stuck.

I can't even delete/remove my account as I am not verified. Ideally I'd like to remove it as my wife has set up another one which does work. Only problem is we can't log on as her on the iPad as it just keeps remembering my account which doesn't work!

please can some one  recommend how to either verify OR delete my account?

Thanks

Daniel662
Level 1
Blumenau, Brazil

Hello, i just can't verify my ID, i have have uploaded it several times.

Jing18
Level 1
London, Canada

I can not verify my ID as well. The app has asked me several times to upload my ID photo and after I did so it just require verification again.

Do not know what to do now. Please solve this problem or I can only go to other website and would not be back again. It is so disappointing to have such experience.

Lisa570
Level 1
Kings Beach, CA

I attempted to complete my ID verification last week, last night and today, but could not finish the last step. After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification"?

I tried logging out, then logging in and also through facebook but it just doesn't work.

I can't get verified for the last step and want to make a booking?  This is driving me nuts.  Please, please help.

I'm very sorry to read this. I'm a host and I have been having like 6 cases like yours and I have not been able to help my guests. Lost a reservation over this and I'm hoping to not loose the rest that are pending.

hope someone can help us! 

Daphnie0
Level 1
Attica, Greece

Hello dear sir/madam,

I have uploaded the required photos of my official government ID (Greece) and it tries to verify since last night,

We're finishing things up...

Sometimes ID verification can take longer than expected. Please hold tight here — this shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Thanks!

it keeps on showing in progress and it seems I have already an expired request to book because of non complete verification.

On the other side it says my verification is complete, and that my request has been sent to the host.

What am I missing? Please help out.

thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards,

Daphnie18624893_10213003663196202_1753680586_n.jpg