Why is host calender pricing wrong?

Answered!

Why is host calender pricing wrong?

Hi!
I noticed that the host calender pricing constantly estimates the guest price with one extra night compared to how the rest of the world calculates number of nights, including the booking system.

Example: Booking 2024-06-30 to 2024-07-07. 7 nights.

The host calender suggests that it is 8 nights and calculates the guest price according tot that.

Pictures as proof. 🙂

Why is the host calender so bad on counting nights? How can I fix it?

Many thanks,

Johannes

pricing_host_view.PNG

pricing_public.PNG

  

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Johannes406 There is nothing wrong with how Airbnb shows a booking. The guest arrives on 30 June and leaves on 7 July and is charged in your example for 7 nights. Another guest can arrive on 7 July unless you have a days preparation specified.

Now when you block dates for a private booking or vacation you do need to only block the relevant nights (not days).

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Johannes406 There is nothing wrong with how Airbnb shows a booking. The guest arrives on 30 June and leaves on 7 July and is charged in your example for 7 nights. Another guest can arrive on 7 July unless you have a days preparation specified.

Now when you block dates for a private booking or vacation you do need to only block the relevant nights (not days).

Thanks for your reply @Mike-And-Jane0.

The booking is fine. What's not is the price estimate in the host calender. If you look at the first picture, it calculates the price on 8 nights, where it should be 7. This makes it unnecessary hard to estimate the price that the guests will get and what I will earn.

BR,

Johannes

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Johannes406 Yes because you have highlighted 8 nights!

Thanks for your patience @Mike-And-Jane0. A good nights sleep and your explanation made the coin fall down. 🙂