ask more for just 1 night stay

Kevin321
Level 2
Bruges, BE

ask more for just 1 night stay

hello

does anybody know how you can have availably for more nights, but if people make a reservation for just 1 night i would like to charge let's say 50€ extra.

I don't want to do it with cleaning costs. just an aditonal fee for 1 night reservation only.

The same dates should be available for reservation for more nights but then without the extra fee

thanks 

7 Replies 7
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kevin321 Honestly most hosts do what you are describing with cleaning fees. But I am with you, I don't like including a high cleaning fee to offset prices. You could have a high nightly rate but then offer a discount for 2, 3, 4, etc night reservations. This would make it look like guests are getting a great deal but you are still charging the rate you wish to receive. 

Example:  

1 night: $100

2 nights: $200 x 50% discount = $50 per night

3 nights: $300 x 50% discount = $50 per night

4 nights: $400 x 50% discount = $50 per night

dear emilia ! Thanks alot

I'll look into that !

You don't think it will show negative on price-showing that way?

i guess not since people search on dates and get the right price right away ...

@Kevin321 Most guests search with dates so they will be pleasantly surprised to see the discount. Personally, I think a bigger negative is to have a high cleaning fee for a one night reservation when the nightly rate doesn't cost that much. It may deter some guests from booking one night, but the one night stays are what you are trying to avoid. Maybe try it and see what happens. You can always update your pricings at any time. 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Emilia42 :

How can we offer a discount for, say, 3 nights or more?

I’ve been looking for that option in the pricing tool, but have only found where I can add a  weekly and monthly discount. 

@Trude0 You have to have professional hosting tools and create a discount under Pricing --> Length of Stay Discount. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 6.16.56 PM.png

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Thanks!
I only have one listing, but looks like I can still get access. Will look into it! 

@Trude0 

I started using it with only 2 listings. But it has some great features and extra perks.