bookings

Answered!

bookings

I have a new campsite listed and have had my first few bookings.  I have 12 available pitches at the site but once i have accepted a booking it has blocked the date for any further bookings.  is there a way to manually block the date once i have taken my maximum bookings per date?  I don't really want only one pitch filled per date.  I saw online it said to do 'mulitple listings'...do I really need to do 12 separate listings?

thanks x

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

12 pitches require 12 separate listings @Lisa5494 .

Once someone has booked a pitch, the listing is blocked so that no one else can block exactly the same space. - Think about it, if you were letting rooms in a house/hostel/hotel, you obviously don't want that exact room let to more than one party at once! So someone books = listing no longer available!

I checked your listing. As it stands, ONE person can book for any number of guests between 1 & 16. But it's not set up for unrelated individuals to book their own pitch simultaneously. 1 pitch = 1 listing on Airbnb. (Check out my profile page where I list 3 rooms within my house - or did pre-Covid legislation!)

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Helen350
Level 10

Wrong, I think  @Sarah977 - when you click on the individual listing you only get the reviews for that listing, if you click on the host's photo below the map you then get all the reviews - on the profile page.

@Helen350  If you look at the reviews on a listing for a host who has multiple listings, it says, as I mentioned above, that you can click to see all the host's reviews. They then load right there on the individual listing page. It doesn't take you to the profile page. I've done it many times. 

But I also know that things can appear differently on the site in different countries, so maybe that's the case here.

Helen350
Level 10

@Sarah977 I have 3 listings. The 'see all the host's listings' button is no longer there. For my listing (1) -I have a button 'see all 157 reviews'- Not all 315 reviews, which I have over 3 listings , no such option exists - unless you click my photo & see all 315 reviews on my profile page. - Could be different in different countries.

Maxine103
Level 2
Newquay, United Kingdom

Hi i am quite new to this and have a booking last week of October. Unfortunetley we have had to honor this as we had 41% applied. But thats been sorted now. My question is does it normally quieten down now or is this the virus making people not book? I've taken all my discounts off now and wondering if this is  also the reason? Any advise is appreciated!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Maxine103 You need to go to airbnb.co.uk and then pretend to search for a property in your locality. Then look at how yours compares with others both price wise and kerb appeal wise. This should tell you if its a pricing issue or not. You may need to be 5-10% lower in price than established properties as people will be taking a chance on your zero review status.