monthly bookings

Answered!
Sharon830
Level 3
Bellefonte, PA

monthly bookings

Good Morning from Bellefonte, PA! Just this morning I received a monthly reservation with a 7% discount. Am I being picky? The reservation is for 28 days and Airbnb gave them the 7% discount anyways and when I went to figure out the math even with the discount doesn't seem correct. With that being said we have another person staying with us also for more than a month with a discount, which is fine, but they didn't even charge him close to my daily fee. In fact it's the same price as our other room. I've contacted Airbnb and waiting for a response. Just would like some input before I speak to them.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

1 Best Answer

Thank you Joan, for your input I realized what had happened and corrected my mistake. I'm waiting to hear back from AIRBNB about the guest fee. It doesn't seem right that we only get paid for only one time if the second guest is staying more than one night. Hmmm!!                                                                                Sharon

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Sharon!

Airbnb considers 28 days as a month. I believe it has to do with most states consider a guest a long term tenant after 30day stays or more (lots of other issues with this for a host).  Below is the Help Article on how monthly discounts are applied:

Weekly and Monthly Discounts

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1233

"Monthly discounts apply to reservations of 28 or more nights. The discounted price will be highlighted in the price breakdown on your listing and next to the original in search results if it exceeds 10%."

Some Cautions:

Long Term Tenant Rights

I would be sure you carefully review your state guidelines regarding long-term tenants and their rights. Once a guest enters what the state considers a "long-term tenant occupancy", they have many more rights than a short term tenant. If a guest will not leave when their reservation is up, most states require the owner to go through the court system to evict them. 

Monthly Pricing, Cancellations and Guest Alteration Requests

I would also carefully review any long-term stay reservations and ensure the calculations are correct. In addition, the monthly stay cancellation policy is different from your standard cancellation policy. Guests can also request alterations of their stay that different from shorter stays.

Guest Reservation Alterations - Monthly Stays

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361

Hope this helps!

Hi @Sharon830 

I'm out and about so not near my computer. Your issue with monthly stay calculations unfortunately is a known issue. Some hosts don’t do monthly stays for many reasons. This is one of them. Double check your discounts and verify if you have a weekly discount? Sometimes they add BOTH discounts together and apply to the 28day stay. 

For the addl guest fees..be sure you have set this correctly under fees. If it’s correct be aware Airbnb adds the fee to the nightly price and doesn’t display as a separate fee to guest (wish they would). You should be able to view the breakdown as a host. You have to click the show breakdown button. 

Hope this helps…let us know how it goes.

Thank you Joan, for your input I realized what had happened and corrected my mistake. I'm waiting to hear back from AIRBNB about the guest fee. It doesn't seem right that we only get paid for only one time if the second guest is staying more than one night. Hmmm!!                                                                                Sharon

Great!  You are on the right track to get this corrected!

Additional Guests fees are applied to every night. The problem is Airbnb adjusts the nightly price over the entire stay to account for the additional guests fee (they don't list it separately for the guest). You should see the price breakdown as a host though. I'm not exactly sure what the Guest view is when booking (if they can see the price per night and the addl guest fee separately?). Maybe another host can chime in if they know how that appears?

I think this is very confusing for both hosts and guests. Guests think they are paying a higher price per night than advertised, as they don't realize the additional guest fee has been added across the stay.  Hosts find it confusing as they think the addl guest fee has not been applied correctly for each night of the stay.

I suggest providing feedback to Airbnb on this issue. I think it would clear up alot of confusion for everyone if they listed addl guests fees separately, rather than adjusting the nightly price over the entire stay.

Here is a screen shot of a reservation with addl guest fees. You can see the price for the Guest view is increased per night to account for the addl guest fees. The Host breakdown does show the addl guest fees separately.

Addl Guest Fee Views.png