Cancelation relief for non-cancelable reservations? AIRNB - COVID ASSISTANCE

Cancelation relief for non-cancelable reservations? AIRNB - COVID ASSISTANCE

So I just watched CEO Brian Chesky's live feed on the relief Airbnb is going to offer to hosts.  Pretty wonderful. One of which is offering 25% for cancelled reservations based off of their cancellation policy.  This is the only time I wish I had a strict cancellation policy (haha) , since I offer moderate to my guests, most of my reservations won't be covered even though we need the revenue and March and April were our two biggest months ever.  My question is this, I had several reservations who picked the "non-cancellable" rates/reservations to get a discount when booking, which means they would have normally lost all of the booking money had the canceled under other circumstances.  Because of the pandemic, I granted full refunds.  Will Airbnb pay us 25% of those non-cancellable reservations?  

Also, for the $5,000 grant per superhost who depends on the their AIRBNB revenue, how does Airbnb determine who receives that grant money? And what if we have 2 listings?

Lastly, Brian mentioned additional government financial assistance to hosts.  I emailed several of our congress members to get some relief.  He didn't get into too much detail, so I thought perhaps someone may have caught something that I missed. 

2 Replies 2
Leah76
Level 2
Springville, CA

Won't let me reply Yes when can we expect our 25% from canceled bookings? I cannot seem to find any answers on when this will go into effect?

Catherine1073
Level 2
Cairns City, Australia

Hi Yes.  I also can find no links or steps to take to claim this 25% on our cancelled bookings.  Really wonderful gesture by Brian but lets hope we can actually access the funds....