Corona Virus, Government Relief Package

Patty161
Level 2
Vienna, VA

Corona Virus, Government Relief Package

Does anyone have more information on government bailout money available for Air BnB Hosts?

I was hoping for a buffer against future cancellations. I have a summer rental that is fully booked for the 2020 season, but my guests are already requesting to cancel and wanting refunds (I have a strict cancellation policy). I want to be reasonable but at the same time I really need that income to pay the mortgage. If I knew the government was helping out I would be more inclined to relax my cancellation policy and give my guests peace of mind. Any help or additional information from the host community would be greatly appreciated!!

6 Replies 6
Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

.@Patty161 take a look at the SBA - Small Business Administration website. There is COVID related disaster relief

@Patty161  I know in Michigan today the governor said. "Workers include self-employed, 1099-independent contractors, gig, and low-wage workers who can no longer work because of the pandemic" I am hoping that qualifies us to be able to file as I have as well lost all my income. 

Kyle454
Level 2
Houston, TX

Ahh Thanks  for posting. Does it mean we are eligible for unemployment? 

Kathleen187
Level 3
Exeter, NH

@Patty161  I believe the funding is just for cancellations from Guests to hosts. I hope this is not the case as I lost my job due to nerve damage and totally rely on Airbnb for income so I can continue to live in my home. This is such a devastating time for so many.

Steve2558
Level 1
Orion Charter Township, MI

Personal Protection Program (PPP) Info Sheet discusses "forgivable loans" here: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf