MASS SNOOZE ON ALL AIRBNB LISTINGS BY ALL HOSTS

Taryn3
Level 6
Birmingham, AL

MASS SNOOZE ON ALL AIRBNB LISTINGS BY ALL HOSTS

Can we band together as hosts and arrange a mass snooze/delisting of all of our listings? we can select a date. just a mass airbnb blackout to show our importance. 

Something has to give. This is not acceptable to put all the financial burden on the hosts. We as a host community HAVE to react. Without us there is no airbnb. A company I once loved and admired has shown me over and over in recent years they don't care about the hosts, and their reaction to this COVID-19 has been absolutely unbelievable. I am a single mom with 3 young kids, and while I have savings, I have 11 properties on Airbnb and rely on the reservations. they have mortgages and I have had 97% of my listings cancel for any reason under the COVID-19. I can't financially float mortgages/bills/costs for months for that many properties. I set a cancelation policy for a reason; to protect my investment and to have that ripped away is very disheartening. On top of that, having to refund all guests during this time is not fair to the hosts. I have multiple properties on other platforms, and no other platform is doing what they are doing. 

What about the extenuating circumstances for the hosts? or the $1m liability policy they have offered to hosts.

Im begging for some relief and some support from fellow hosts to stand up and black Airbnb out. 

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Taryn3, how about long-term tenancies for your 11 listings until this all blows over? Might also help with the housing shortage caused by hosts having multiple STRs.

The terms listed in 1.2-9.7 make Airbnb's Extenuating circumstances refund unenforceable. they literally are stealing your money.... read and be ready to discuss this and request your money be returned per your original policy. Also, Airbnb considers us, third party independent contractors as Hosts, they consider Guests members of their Travel business, however by them canceling your calendar and full refunding is an illegal act and they have stolen our money. their extenuating circumstance policy has no authority behind it ... the terms of their own agreement make it unenforceable read it and demand your money. please copy and paste to other Hosts you read are going through the same.