11-9-2021 Airbnb Update Didn’t Mention Plus :-(

Lisa34
Level 10
Murphysboro, IL

11-9-2021 Airbnb Update Didn’t Mention Plus :-(

I am concerned. I just watched the Airbnb 2021 Winter Release where all other programs were mentioned except Plus. That was disappointing and made me concerned that rumors that Plus is being done away with are true. (I hope not.) Does anyone know why it wasn’t mentioned and the status of the program? There have been recent improvements, like with being able to add/change pictures, and there have been some reassurances, but then the CEO doesn’t even include a mention.

10 Replies 10
Catherine1280
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

@Lisa34 I have exactly the same question.  We are pleased with the results of our inclusion in the plus pantheon and have been hoping to add our newest Airbnb, which offers a unique African adventure theme based on art and crafts collected on our journeys through Africa (always using Airbnb and competitors that need not be mentioned here!) when we have enough reviews.  

Viv26
Level 2
Hertford, United Kingdom

Totally agree.  They need to do so much more with the Plus listings.  The photo situation still isn’t rolled out to the uk accounts so I have outdated photos now. Ridiculous you cannot manage your own photos.  Or at least have a simple fast 48 hour responses to this.  I’m very worried about the situation on Plus. It’s our businesses at the end of the day that suffers.  

Lisa34
Level 10
Murphysboro, IL

@Cecile do you have any updates on Plus?

Hilary79
Level 8
Spokane, WA

I heard a while back that they were discontinuing support to Plus back when they were cutting staff due to Covid, so no more new PLUS homes.

KatieKayMead0
Host Advisory Board Member
Lake Arrowhead, CA

From what I’ve found, they haven’t on boarded new Plus listings since April 2020, so I think we are in a bit of a holding pattern. 

Here in Tennessee, Hosts are leaving the Plus program in droves.  The fact that I have such outdated pictures and they don't show any of our recent updates is a shame.  I would leave but when I attempt to the warning it provides if I do (you will lose priority placement) keeps me in.  

I sat in on an Airbnb Plus forum a while ago. In it they discussed the options you have for adding or updating photography. You can have new photos made using their guidelines and send them to the Plus folks for approval and inclusion. The Plus program has been good for us in NC, but I wish they were onboarding more properties here. 

If you opt out of Plus you lose priority placement and you have to be re-invited and re-inspected to get in again.

We just got new photos done a month ago for our Plus listing. Our second Plus listing has a new shoot scheduled for the first of next month. I would suggest applying for a new photo session or hire someone and submit new pictures yourself. They have made it a lot easier.

George0
Level 2
Surfers Paradise, Australia

I notice there was no update to the earlier commentary and exclusion or oversight of Airbnb Plus from Winter 2021. I now see the same omission from the latest 2022 Summer Release. Anybody else share the same concerns? George

Viv26
Level 2
Hertford, United Kingdom

Anyone any idea who we can contact for n orate with an influence within Airbnb?  Otherwise conversations amongst ourselves is great to highlight our concerns with each other but does not give us answers.  I’m really not sure anyone reads these feeds with Airbnb.