Account hacked!!

Petra644
Level 2
HKI, Finland

Account hacked!!

Hi, I’m relatively new with Airbnb, having only rented a few times in the past three years and now my account is hacked and I got a reservation for a place I supposedly rent even though I don’t have any real listings available!! 
So someone has hacked into my account and created this listing!!
Does Airbnb take these situations seriously? 

21 Replies 21

Not that I need to explain myself to you…F202A854-0C70-437F-B291-E30C965EF846.png1FD045D3-1089-4D83-93D4-80F50D4E52A1.pngCFF35035-1D3C-4D4C-9C6E-33D352E27138.png

Here are photos of me deleting the listing (again!!!) and this listing bounced right back on my account (actually in doubles, so 2 listings) 

Also info about my account activity, unlikely that I have been in Oberhausen and Argenteuil yesterday??

Many thanks Sarah, unfortunately until now no one contacted me. 

I’m actually taking this issue to the EU level as a GDPR privacy breach from Airbnb. Thanks for all (appropriate) replies! 

@Petra644 

Have you changed your password on your account now? Do check your personal settings and remove any payment methods attached to your airbnb account.

If you use the same e-mail and password combo for signing in , it's likely this information was breached elsewhere. Of course, it's better to use unique passwords for each key account you may use.

It appears a criminal has tried to cuckoo your account. Setting up a new listing is a known way to try to milk stolen credit card details by making fake bookings to obtain payments.

Existing accounts don't undergo the same scrutiny as box fresh accounts, so that's why there is some attraction to it.

It seems a crude attempt as your messages were not diverted elsewhere, or your email perhaps wasn't bombarded with sign-up messages in an effort to conceal changes to your account.

I understand it's frustrating not receiving at least an acknowledgement after reporting this. Hopeful someone somewhere will read about your incident.  

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Petra644 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Sarah977 @Emiel1 

I don’t see any listing on your profile at this time.

You can just delete your Airbnb account entirely.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Petra644,

I'm really sorry to hear about that, but thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention.

I have contacted the Support team and your case has been updated. They should be getting in touch with you shortly.

Hopefully this will soon be resolved, but please keep us updated and let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Liv

Hi @Liv , 

Many thanks!! Finally I got to speak to a real person!! 

Kind regards, Petra