Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Additional guest Alteration request

Additional guest Alteration request

I received a  booking 3 weeks ago  for 2 guest. My house accommodates up to 5 but I prepare the house for the number of booked guest(towels, coffee, toiletries etc) Two hours prior to check in I received an alteration request for 3 additional guest. No message from the booking party to explain or let me know who the additional guest are. I would have to have my  cleaner under short notice goto home to make changes to accommodate for the additional guest.

would you charge an additional fee for this change ?

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Alysia6 With no communication from the guest with new guest information, I would have declined the alteration request. Alternatively, message the guest for the info and let them know there will be an extra charge, explaining why. Send them a new alteration with the charge and added occupants and let the guest know they will need to accept the alteration before they will be granted access to the accommodation.

Going forward, perhaps add to your house rules that all guests must be registered at time of booking, and late additions will not be accepted. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Contact the guest ask them to explain why they are making the change and confirm that as this is a last minute request your cleaner will need to return to prepare the property.

Send them a charge for this and confirm it, along with the extra guest charges need to be paid before check in.

Personally I would make sure I was on hand at check in to see only those who booked check in.