Airbnb CS

Answered!
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Airbnb CS

As Airbnb is now routing their customers to the community, we all now are in fact Customer Support.

So please give us also access to the CS ticket system, we are happy to solve all issues..

Off course not for free, as quality has a price.

Best regards,

Emiel

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm confused. I got a message from CS (in a new thread) thanking me for escalating a case, telling me I had reached the correct team, he was looking over the case and asking me to provide more detail.

But I have no idea what this is about. The last time I escalated anything was months ago. So, I asked which case he was referring to. He responded, "You can share your issues with me, I will be more than happy to answer them and resolved them for you."

Eh? I love it that CS is trying to help me with something. I only wish I knew what it was, but apparently, I'm supposed to tell them.

He's off for four days now, so maybe I will have a brainwave in the meantime. Otherwise, I'm at a total loss.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emiel1  Yes, I'm waiting for my Airbnb CC host support paycheck. Would help a lot since I can't host my home-share now due to COVID.

And I need access to other host's and guest's accounts so I can sort out all the refund and payment issues, since Airbnb CS appears to be incapable of this. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Wouldn't it have been great if they offered us all telecommuting jobs on our own time just to field questions from hosts and guests? You know, those questions that Airbnb CS any answer correctly anyway. I probably could have made a lot of money this summer!

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

That’s a great idea, and problems would be sorted out immediately at the point of contact.

Payment would be easy. Each host would get a 17% increase in payout, effectively cutting out the middle man.

@Catherine-Powell Mentioned she was looking for 2000 CS staff (although I’ve not seen any adverts)... 👋👋👋 Hello... You wouldn’t need to look too far.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Emiel1 

Great idea. I'd be more than happy to help. I think my expertise would be handling difficult guests as I am outspoken and always spot on.

Guest, after a 4 weeks stay:

• I want a 50% refund bc the place wasn't clean

• CS Ute: No

Ticket closed.

What's the target in the CS department, how many tickets is a CS person required to close per shift, 85?

I'll outperform and double that.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Ute42 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Ute42 

Hahah, I read "CS Ute" and laughed out loud!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ute42,

I've always admired German efficiency.

@Debra300  

Thank You.

I've been working with the BMW car manufacturer for the past 30 years and we are cranking out thousands of cars every day. And they are all drivable. You can get into the drivers seat and actually drive around with them.

Would we use airbnb-style Software to produce cars, not a single bugfree car would leave the production line. Many of them wouldn't make it to the exit gate.

@Ute42 The Airbnb engineered car would make it out onto the street alright but think about how many pedestrians would be dead.

@Emilia42 @Ute42  Can you imagine the owner's manual? It would all be ambiguously worded and not correspond to the actual features of the vehicle. 

And you'd have to remove 25 engine parts to get to the oil dipstick.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ute42,

I just looked at your space, and it's great.  When quarantines are no longer required, it definitely will be a place that I book for a getaway stay with a few of our friends who live in Zirndorf.

@Debra300 

You'd be welcome any time. Pls note that I haven't unblocked all my available dates in the airbnb calendar as I am renting through various disribution channels. Should You ever be interested in booking my place, pls drop me a DM. I would then open up my airbnb calendar for You. Zirndorf is about 100 miles from where I am.

@Ute42 

Its been my experience of German manufacturing, the notion that you would make something, that does not work reliably, ridiculous. Personally speaking I only buy German white goods, don't get me started on Italian electric kettles.

One of Airbnb's slogans is "Fail Fast" and of course hosts are the guinea pigs.

Airbnb keep on emphasizing how hosts can do better, yet they seem incapable of cleaning up their own back yard, its not good enough.

@Cormac0 

This is exactely the point. Airbnb is penalising us for all kind of things all the time,

but they themselves can't get their act together.