Airbnb CS

Answered!
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Airbnb CS

As Airbnb is now routing their customers to the community, we all now are in fact Customer Support.

So please give us also access to the CS ticket system, we are happy to solve all issues..

Off course not for free, as quality has a price.

Best regards,

Emiel

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm confused. I got a message from CS (in a new thread) thanking me for escalating a case, telling me I had reached the correct team, he was looking over the case and asking me to provide more detail.

But I have no idea what this is about. The last time I escalated anything was months ago. So, I asked which case he was referring to. He responded, "You can share your issues with me, I will be more than happy to answer them and resolved them for you."

Eh? I love it that CS is trying to help me with something. I only wish I knew what it was, but apparently, I'm supposed to tell them.

He's off for four days now, so maybe I will have a brainwave in the meantime. Otherwise, I'm at a total loss.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43

Das ist sehr gut Ute!  Honesty doesn't need many words usually!  Stay well, JR

I’ll sign up.

Guest.,,”Hi, I stayed for a month but found a speck of dust in the corner of the back porch at checkout. I want a full refund...”

T

CS Christine...”No. But I am charging you a $100 Airbnb fee to be split with the host for wasting our time.”

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

"wasting our time." - Brilliant!! @Christine615 

I can see it now, The @Ute42 and @Christine615  call in Helpline show!  Kinda like Judge Judy and Wapner without cameras.  Maybe @Fred13  could act as Courtroom Deputy, he would eliminate the completely untenable cases and riff raff before our Honorable Hosts in the big chairs have to.  Sounds like a winner to me!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm confused. I got a message from CS (in a new thread) thanking me for escalating a case, telling me I had reached the correct team, he was looking over the case and asking me to provide more detail.

But I have no idea what this is about. The last time I escalated anything was months ago. So, I asked which case he was referring to. He responded, "You can share your issues with me, I will be more than happy to answer them and resolved them for you."

Eh? I love it that CS is trying to help me with something. I only wish I knew what it was, but apparently, I'm supposed to tell them.

He's off for four days now, so maybe I will have a brainwave in the meantime. Otherwise, I'm at a total loss.

@Huma0  The last system update was a doozy, LOL.  

airbnb meme.jpg@Huma0  Sounds legit. Easy to have forgotten the original issue by the time the response comes back 🤣 🤣

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Colleen253 

LOL. Well, that's exactly it. I closed the last case I had open with CS about a month ago, because I was going round in circles and it was taking up too much of my time to be worth it (for a missing $100 Superhost bonus). Prior to that, any cases where I may have escalated were months ago and closed to my knowledge.

I explained that I hadn't had any contact with CS in weeks, so didn't know what this was about. The rep apologised for the delays, but still didn't tell me which case it was related to. Could be from last year for all I know!

@Huma0    

Maybe You erroneously ended up with the Trust & Safety team, because they never say what it's all about. Pls read this following conversation and be prepared to what may happen to You soon:

------------

T&S: A guest said you did something wrong and you might be in trouble.

Me: seriously? I don’t know what that is. Can you let me know with whom and when this happened so I can look back. I’ve had thousands of guests and I’ve been a super host for almost 4 years.

T&S: no, we’re not going to tell you who. Just tell us if you’ve ever done anything wrong.

Me: Uh. No. I don’t know what you’re talking about so I can’t answer such a vague question.

T&S: have you ever done anything wrong or have any of your guests ever done anything wrong?

Me: now we are even more vague. No I don’t think that I have and I’m reasonably certain that some guest, at some time ,has broken some rule. 99% of guests are awesome and 1% are not. Sort of the cost of doing business.

T&S: OK we will investigate.

< A couple days later>.

T&S:We have finished our investigation and no further action will be taken at this time.

Me: OK, that’s good. I don’t recall doing anything wrong and you won’t tell me that I did anything wrong so glad that’s over.

T&S: oh no, you did something wrong and if you do it again you’re gone.

Me: really, after 4000 guests and super host status for four years, I’m gone? If I can’t think of anything I’ve done wrong, and you’re telling me I did something wrong. How can I correct that behavior if I don’t know what you’re even referring to?

T&S: we can’t tell you what you did wrong or how to fix it... just don’t do it again.

------------

You think I'm joking, right? No, I'm not. Read this:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Can-t-Trust-the-Trust-amp-Safety-Team/td-p/1232833

cc: @Colleen253   

@Ute42 "T&S: we can’t tell you what you did wrong or how to fix it... just don’t do it again".

Oh, that line. It's classic. You can't make this stuff up.

@Huma0  Be afraid, be very afraid.

@Ute42  I remember that post. It's so Kafkaesque.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ute42 , I've had something similar happen to me too. No, can't tell you, and later no, there will be no further action. Huh? What?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ute42 

Interesting reading. Well, this rep says he's from the 'escalations team', not the 'trust and safety team', and apparently it's about a case that I escalated.

However, I'm pretty sure I haven't escalated anything, not for months at least and I can't think of any guest who would complain about me in the last few months. I've hardly had any guests for a start.

So, if you are right, then this is about something that goes a very long way back. I could be wrong, but I think it's more likely that this is about a case that was already resolved some months back.

I had one rep contact me several weeks after I had messaged Airbnb about a guest refund. By that time, I had already had numerous interactions with CS about the matter and had got it sorted and told him as much.

Back in March/April, I spent at least the equivalent of a full working week dealing with CS in regards to a few COVID refunds. I dealt with who knows how many reps and cases were accidentally closed without being resolved, new cases opened for the same issues, CS confusing one guest with another and on an on. I suspect it might be a belated response to one of those cases.

@Huma0  Well, what a wasted opportunity, lol. The song "Ironic" comes to mind.

Now I have an earworm. At least it's a good one!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Colleen253 

Yes, exactly. He says he wants to help me and it seems such a waste not to take him up on the offer, if only I knew what I needed help with...