Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Launch date appears set for December 10.  Expected share price $44-50.  The company has also submitted an amended S-1 filing to the SEC yesterday which you can see here (and nope, I'm not trawling through all 350 pages of it to play "spot the difference" 😀, will leave that to the finance journos and market analysts)

S-1/A (sec.gov)

Airbnb Launch Date.JPG

@Melodie-And-John0  @Christine615  @Helen350  @Sally221  @Sarah977  @Ute42 @Zohreh1 @Emiel1 

127 Replies 127

My email was titled 

Airbnb's Directed Share Program”

but I never got an email from an underwriting broker.  

@Scott366 

@Dane13  

@Simon144 

@Sharon1014 

Today I received the email - Airbnb Directed Share Program Program (yes twice) Closed - from Morgan Stanley.  This email advised that I had successfully completed the application process for Airbnb's Directed Share Program.

What is the subject of the email will you please share?

HI @Nianqi1  the email subject we received today is "Airbnb Directed Share Program Invitation"

My email from Airbnb subject was 

“Airbnb's Directed Share Program”

but i I never got an email from Morgan Stanley 

Amber483
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Sounds like MS has sent out emails regarding program acceptance. I wonder if they'll send out another round if they end up having more capacity. 

I certainly hope so.  I did not have internet access at the time the emails went out on December 1st and when I finally got back today I followed the prompts only to get, "Thank you for your interest in participating in this Directed Share Program. Unfortunately, this program is now closed due to higher than expected demand"

I am very disappointed of not making it in.

Ditto here.  Wondering if anyone has heard if the program will open back up?

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Sharon1014 ,

thank's a lot for all the information provided, very knowledgeable as always.

I'm a bit disappointed though that You will not trawl through all 350 pages of the S-1/A form to spot the difference. Come on, what about some little service for Your fanbase? 😊

Sharon1014
Level 10

@Ute42    😂 🤣 😂

Sharon1014
Level 10

I received the email from Airbnb nov 16 2020 encouraging me to register as an eligible host.  With some trouble I was able to register.

i received the email on dec 1 2020 informing me that later that day I would receive an email from Morgan Standley.

i never received that email.

After 10 hours on hold with Morgan Stanley over two days, yesterday at 7pm est Jimmy in Utah asnswered the phone and told me I was not in the “book”. 

I was told to contact Airbnb.

but how?  

Morgan Stanley recommenced investor relations.  

Does anyone have a number to Airbnb investor relations?  

Hi Francis,

Thanks for pre-registering for Airbnb’s Directed Share Program. Later today you’ll receive an email from Morgan Stanley, the broker-dealer that is administering our Directed Share Program. Morgan Stanley will contact you from morganstanleydsp@morganstanley.com, using the email you included in the pre-registration form. (Please do not reply or send messages to this email address.)

Denise-and-Tom1
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Would like to know if Airbnb is making any provisions for hosts (in Canada too) to participate in initial public offering of IPO ABNB.

@Denise-and-Tom1 @Nick718  @Beckey0 @Francis1870 

The Directed Shares Program from Airbnb offers qualified, US based hosts the opportunity to purchase ABNB shares at IPO price.  They contracted with (at least) Morgan Stanley.  On Nov 16, an email was sent to these qualified hosts that contained info as to how to proceed if interested.  On Dec 1st, those host who expressed interest were send addtional info from Morgan Stanley with info on the registration process.  

Nothing earth shattering so far.  Other bokers will be able to sell the stock on or about December 10th.  You'll likely have to pay the broker/trade/other fees...that's one thing this Directed Shares Program doesn't have that I can tell.  You may be able to purchase these shares without any broker/trade/other fees from Morgan Stanley.  According to the info I have from this process so far, there are no fees to open the MS account or to transfer to another borker once payment has been made.

And to paraphrase an Airbnb "memo"...If you did not receive an email on Nov 16th about this program, you most likely did not qualify.

Scott @ Sou4thATX

I received both emails.  I did qualify. It is my opinion that they did not limit enough shares per person that qualified in order to include all.  I was unable to be in front of my computer that day and did not have internet access as I was in the Cascade Mountains. I truly missed out on something huge here. I am planning on purchasing when the IPO goes public, but I have a feeling I may miss out on that too as this is highly publicized stock and I do not currently have a broker. I simply wish Airbnb would have handled this differently for those of us that DID QUALIFY and received BOTH emails. Just because I was unfortunate enough to be away from civilization for 24 hours I was denied the opportunity to participate. The shares sold out much too quickly.