Barrage of emails

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Barrage of emails

In response to a host’s request, I sent a message to a host.  I did it two days ago, and as a result I have received numerous messages from Airbnb telling me to book the property and numerous posts to tell me that there are places to rent in the host’s location.  Soooo many messages.

I now know why people don’t respond to email from Airbnb.  

4 Replies 4
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

So true. Every time I look at someone's profile or listing from this community board, Airbnb spams me with suggested listings in their area. I know they are just trying to capture market share, but it really hurts when they miss their target for whatever reason. Maybe just a little too aggressive...?!?

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Lorna170  oh yes, this is the side of hosting that many hosts would benefit from experiencing more often. There are SO many messages to deal with, which is why i hesitate to send too many to my guests. On the daily I am unsubbing from about 5 mailing lists, and still my emails just keep pouring in. For the first time i'm now seeing "too many emails" as a reason for unsubbing, we ALL understand this so why companies keep on pushing out the emails is a mystery to me.  I finally got my unreads sorted yesterday and this morning have 39 unread emails, I have too many from everyone and Airbnb is a big part of that.

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Gillian166   I was also had a good clear of my emails (embarrassed to say how many thousands) it took me ages and eventually got it all clear.  I was still getting some spam/junk, so started to click the unsubscribe button on the few new ones coming in.  I am now also getting swamped by new ones each day.  Just wish I had read the following link first!  Needless to say, I now just ‘bin’ them.

https://www.rd.com/list/why-unsubscribing-from-spam-emails-can-backfire/

@Kate867  Yeah I know not to touch spam. Businesses are so “clever” now they have multiple types of emails they sub you to, so if you unsub from one they still have you on other lists. You can think you’ve unsubbed, until they get you again next week