Brianchesky@airbnb.com

Brianchesky@airbnb.com

Airbnbn screwed us out of $$5,000.00!  We booked a condo in sunset beach for a month, paid and without any notifications canceled out booking 2 days before our arrival.  Then sent a notice  that the refund would not be returned for 15 days.  My 80 year old mother has not left her home in 2 years due to COVID.  This was to be a wonderful  get away from freezing g MI.  Now she is crying and so upset she may never leave home again.   Thanks airbnb.  You will be hearing from my lawyer!!!

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Whitney183   I am so sorry this happened.  Sometimes Hosts need to cancel the reservation due to circumstances completely out of their control such as damaged property etc.  Usually they try to give as much advance warning as they can.  Also, it may well be that Airbnb themselves may have cancelled due to safety issues at the property.  Either way, these decisions are not taken lightly.  Refund times vary depending on your original payment method etc.  What you can do though, is look for another suitable property and ask Airbnb to transfer your reservation credit to that one.  I hope you all find somewhere nice soon.