Calling all stock holding Hosts !

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Calling all stock holding Hosts !

What is going on at HQ?  Are stock holders happy with the new rollouts? Are revenues up or down? Is AirBnb increasing market share i.e. new listing inventory up or down? Is traffic at the site up or down? We are 2 quarters into this twilight zone 2022 experience.  Must be some data available you can share with us all.

Susan
17 Replies 17

@David8879 

Exactly. Airlines were given a ton of bailout money, used to buy back stock and give retirement incentives to their highly-paid pilots. Now, we have flight cancellations.

No bailouts for ABNB hosts in sight. LOL Check out what Uber does to their drivers, front page of the WAPO today. That is what ABNB has in mind for hosts.

Us small fry have to look out for ourselves.

Ted & Chris
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Susan990 @Ted307  i am not a stockholder or into finances but according to the chart above it seems the price didnt go down in february when the war began but in May with ABB summer changes. Interesting... during the top season . Or I missunderstood something?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Susan990 

Our stock market is down overall. Here is a chart for the last year. The line for NASDAQ is for most tech stocks. The "E" stands for earnings reports. Air got a slight bump up from the most recent earnings report. But the whole stock market being on the way down, that little bit up can cause selling to make up for losses on other stocks those big boys own. We have a narrow view, not exactly insiders, but we hosts take a keen interest in ABNB that others might not.Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 08-14-21 TD Ameritrade.pngYou can see, ABNB has higher highs and lower lows, but follows the NASDAQ line pretty faithfully. There was a lot of selling in May all over the market.

Ted & Chris